Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
damn it ray. I needed that block this time last year!!!!!!

WOW! 5K...jezzzzz WOWOOWOWOOW! A Supra 3.4 stoker is 10-12K. SO ALLL YOU CHEAP AZZS STFU and pay for this killer deal!

Gawd...just to think of TT's running around with 3.7s and larger turbos or lord forbid large singles! WoW!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ray,

You are a demi-god among men.
I was thinking for the longest time how I'd come up with the money for
your billet stroker kit, but if this can be done for roughly 50% less,
suddenly this is a viable option for myself and many other fellow drivers.

Do you recommend a 92mm cylinder bore so avoid cooling/head lift issues
as discussed in another one of your threads (thereby saying that
a ~3.5L is a better option for durability?)

You already know it, but thanks again for the continued support,
Nobs

PS: Should I contact you or Scott when I'm ready to order?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
ive personally never had a problem with the biger bores. the smaller bore should be best though due to head flex. if you do the head pinning fix that should be a non issue

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Ray I sent you a PM but I have a question. I currently have 94mm pistons in my block that was just bored like 5 months ago. Is this a strickly crank mod or does it require the whole block to be re-machined?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Damn, Ray

At that price I might just have to drop my custom build and conform.

No I must not conform, fight the norm... But hell it's temping. And you thought you were getting out of the business, Yeah Right! I hope you have a royalties deal worked out with Scott.

·
Wanted: Traction Problems
4,024 Posts
nice! I cant beleive you deceided to stroke this way and not use your stroker kit. Should save lots of money tho.

how much for just the parts ready to drop in?
crank (core?)
rods
bearings
pins
pistons?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey Trev, 8500 is easily doable. i probably wont bother with 9000 like my 3.0.

with the added CI it probably wont make super power at 9000 anyway from flowing so much more air at 8500 than it did with the 3.0

im happy i finally have direction with this car! I see that you do also with yours.

Badass, i will come up with some rotating parts pricing once i finish here.

i would do the billet stroker but i dont have the cash for it. that is a FAR better crank setup but this will work fine for me. this will be my last buildup for my car.

·
SIG FOR RENT!!!
2,292 Posts
this is awesome....Im getting a gt4094R single kit right now from ips along with their race heads and 280 cams. I wanted to get to get a stroker kit next but because the single kit wont fit the 74 i wasnt going to bother. Looks like im getting this kit instead of having my car repainted when i get some money again lol.

·
Wanted: Traction Problems
4,024 Posts
ohm, you have to get rods too :boing:
from my understanding, its almost a drop-in (meaning no work to fit, unless you op for the 75 crank)
what would the 75 crank mean? xx more stoke, $xx more clearancing on the block???
can we use normal 72 pistons Ray?

Trevor, dont do it man. Your car will just blow up!

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
this would be cool with the mivec heads that Ray and Matt were talking about in another thread. Potentially, the car could make 600hp on 12-14psi with the mivec heads if they fit on the 72 block

·
Registered
9,450 Posts
Just saying your the man Ray and the platform in general thanks you.

·
Pampena Motorsports
2,282 Posts
Nice Ray... this is definately the direction I will be taking my car in the near future. Big turbos + bigger displacement= balla:)
16g'd 3000 that spools up like it has 9b's on it... can't wait:cool:
-Steve

21 - 40 of 350 Posts