Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how would you guys like an engine that keeps the block you have, fits in the car with no 74 conversion, fits all of you turbo components, and has no hood clearance issues?
its also super strong and (stronger than a 3.0 and just as strong as a 74) and its not my billet crank stroker kit.

ive played with these for years but wanst a fan of cutting the mains down on a 74 crank to make it fit. i felt it would make a 74 crank as weak as the 72 crank (which is strong enough for 99.9% of the forum)

ive come up with a new technique that KEEPS the stregnth of the 74 crank and still fits it in your 72. a crank is only as strong as the area of the smallest cross section. in the corners of the mains, stock cranks are rolled to a smaller diameter for cost savings but thats where the cracks start.

i have a new way of machining the large 74(or 75) cranks down while leaving these corners untouched so the diameter and overlap are the same as a stock 74. (leaving a large radius like a race crank) this will use custom main bearings to make this work and makes this design as strong as a stock 74 can be! (which is stronger than a 72)

so this is the engine im building for my car. it has the stregnth of a 74 with the nice fitment of the 72!
3.4-3.5 depending on bore or 3.5-3.7 with the 75 crank (more work required to fit)

the full shortblock is $6500. these cranks are coming out AWSOME and STRONG! there is HUGE cross section area... WAY more than a 3.0!

a fully balanced rotating assy, pin fit and all with custom pins.. all machine work done ready to drop in your engine is $4995. you will need to do light grinding to your block.

a NEW crank, custom ground to our stroker specs, balanced with mallory, ready to use with YOUR rods and OUR pistons $2164

take away all the balance work and get the above for $1625 then you need to have it balanced yourself.

it uses my custom 6G72 rods with the wide small end.. $1095 (you can use your rods too)

custom pistons that ONLY fit this engine $795

custom tool steel pins we have been using for quite some time on our other engines $185

THESE PARTS ARE NOW ALL ON THE SHELF AND READY TO SHIP!

Ray

·
Everclear Aficionado
280 Posts
agreed; and im not even a fan of buttsecks!

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I would be down for that kind of buttsecks but I just rebuilt my engine and am in the process of paying off last years buttsecks already.

:(

·
Boosted every day
821 Posts
So any speculation on what type of numbers it could make before the crank starts to flex?

17,276 Posts
sounds great. Can't wait for pics of the machining.

Edit: has anyone looked into boring the mains on the block? would it weaken it to much or cause oil pump problems?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the 74s been doing great in the flex dep. this is as strong as that but it fits. this is the best choice for me since i wont have to re engineer my whole car.

·
Boosted every day
821 Posts
Same here. A bigger block is just not an option for me. This is great man, I'll def be giving you a call next year when I'm done with deployment.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so were talking roughly 800 whp?
much higher. the crank is way beefier. my 72 was fine at 875 and only would show cracks after a looong time of beating and top speed runs. if i only drag raced it, my 72 would have lasted hundreds of passes.

its all the time limit game..my 500awhp car went years and 100plus k miles of pure beating lol. and it had some cracks and never broke.

the car i have now broke one way back when.. i had an aluminum flywheel and damper. after that it was fine. this 74 crank is awsome or i wouldnt bother

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
Nice, can we still utilize just a slight oversize bore and get this 3.5 size, or are we boring out to maximum allowable tolerances to get this? Very nice option for those of us who want a street like power band and still keep up with serious cars out there running pump gas.

Sam

·
The dark shall be with us
7,344 Posts
so do our block needs to be machined to clear the crank, or dose it only needs to bore the main bearing cabs? i will be intetrested in the kit in future with pistons, rods. is it using stock 74 main and rod bearings? how much for the rods and pistons for this kit? is it same price as 74 rods? i can do the machining work in my school for free.:D i already have evoIII turbos. i keep tha manofolds and put some 20gs on the kit.

1 - 20 of 350 Posts