Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, This might be a dumb question but I will be grateful to all that might be able to help.

I own a Y2K Eclipse ( I know this is a 3000gt board) and I was wondering is the 3.0L V6 enginge in my eclipse as well as my wife's 99 Galant GTZ the same one (even if tuned different) as the SL model 3000? the #'s of it would say there very similar but if they are, I was considering if possibile to transplant turbos onto it. Any thoughts?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No the engine in your Eclipse is a 3.0L SOHC w/ 205 hp if it is the GT. The SL 3000GT has DOHC 3.0L 218hp. The Base 3000GT is SOHC 160hp. The older 3000GT's Base and SL were 222hp, but they changed that in the newer ones. You will have to wait for someone to develope a turbo or supercharger for that car. As of right now there is a company working on it, but nothing the public can buy to put on them yet. Wait 6-8 months and they may have one out. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.