Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just pulled the oil pan off the stealth and it only has 2 bolt mains. i thought all 2nd gen blocks were 4 bolt mains? dont tell me this thing has a cast crank too.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
Only the TT cars got the 4-bolt blocks.

I wouldn't worry about it though. No one has ever managed for break the 2-bolt girdle apart, so it'll probably handle any power you're looking to make with it ;)

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gatecrasher said:

I wouldn't worry about it though. No one has ever managed for break the 2-bolt girdle apart, so it'll probably handle any power you're looking to make with it ;)

i know that...thats why im not worried about having the 2 bolt block in my TT either. i just thought all 2nd gen cars had the 4 bolt mains so i was a little suprised to see a 2 bolt in that thing.

thanks for clearing that up.

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
91 and 92's all have a cast crank, and 93-99's all have a forged crank. 91-92 TT's have a 2 bolt main cap with reinforcing brackets on the sides... 93+ TT's have 4 bolt main caps. All N/A's have 2-bolt mains. If the 2 bolt main was suficient, Mitsu would have used it on ALL 3/S's, so that leads me to believe they found a weakness in the 2-bolt and possibly the 2 bolt + reinforcements. My guess is it would take 400+hp to discover that weakness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.