Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stealth/Vr-4 Owner
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, folks

I am doing a 1st gen to 2nd gen conversion on my 92 vr-4. I did many searches on this topic and found just about the same info. I want this thread to be the solution to everybodys questions.

here is what I gathered so far:

The lip around the bucket where the lights sit need to be cut. i will provide pics when this is done.

I also believe that the wheel well plastic mud guard needs to be drilled so that bumper can mount also with that.

I am unsure of the foglights mounting location, or how to get the projection headlights mounted.

all info will be greatly appreciated.

·
Stealth/Vr-4 Owner
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 1st gen crashbar also needs to be cut. Just wondering, has anyone just removed the crashbar and left it off during this conversion. i am wondering if the airbags will deploy or something?

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
I dont belive the crash bar needs to be cut, I sold my stuff to Good2Go and he didnt have to cut his when he did the conversion. not sure about the brackets for the lights but you could just get some made up or might be able to buy them, there are 3 for each light...

Attachments

·
Stealth/Vr-4 Owner
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cut the headlight bucket lip and the bumper seems to have a problem still mounting. Is all the crash guards the same on the 1st gen and second gen models?

·
Stealth/Vr-4 Owner
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess the crash guard is the same on these cars. I guess I will cut more of the lip to see if it fits. also, if I take to much off is the hid pods able to fit in there w/o the lip?

·
Registered
110 Posts
i did first gen to 3rd gen i guess you would call it lol... 99 I cut out the lip to rest the lamp on it perdectly. The light itself has 3 bolts. use the rear most, closest to the fender bolt and tread. for the middle one drill a new hole and use a bolt and nut there. and for the 3rd get a piece of metal and extend the braket 2 inches to the radiator mount. As fot eh hood.. that should be self explanitory. I used a 98 bomex front end. Which required me to remove the bumper core. I still have the support beams for it on the car. The 98 kit had to be cut and fabricated 99 ledges for the head lights. The mud gaurds needed to be redrilled and make sure to get the head light harnesses as well. I think that is about it.

http://www.cincystreetscene.com/main.php?mode=rideofmonth

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
turbovr41991 nice car i like the color and back bumper looks good not a fan of the front bumper but everyone has different taste anyways i noticed this picture and seems like its a bitch to get in and out of your car?

·
Stealth/Vr-4 Owner
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
thanks so far for the input, has anybody else did this mod, and if so what did problems did you run into with it as well. I will be posting pics soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts