Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I finally found some 2G TT calipers to retrofit to my 92 (Already had fronts done).
Questions:
1) Do the 2G rear calipers use abutment clips? I don't think they do, but can someone verify?
2) Are the rear flex lines same for 1G and 2G?

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Not sure your definition of abutment clips but they do have the same as the front calipers the cross metal piece that pushes against the pads they're just like a mini version.

As for brake lines they're the same as 1g.

17,243 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure your definition of abutment clips but they do have the same as the front calipers the cross metal piece that pushes against the pads they're just like a mini version.

As for brake lines they're the same as 1g.
Thanks!
I did find a pic of the clips you refer to on Stealth316. Just as you described. The 1G ones are totally different.
Do have any idea where I could get the 2G ones? I already have the pins and pin spring coming...

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats nutty is looking around online (Rock Auto, etc) there are a bunch of manufacturers that show the 2G pads TOGETHER with the 1G clips, lol. Totally wrong as far as I can tell. And 75% of them show 1G pads and hardware for 2G cars...

If anyone has a set of these clips, please let me know!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Those clips are still available from the dealer I had to grab some a couple months back for mine. Unfortunately I did not save the part numbers.

Yea I went through the whole trying to sell me 1g hardware

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those clips are still available from the dealer I had to grab some a couple months back for mine. Unfortunately I did not save the part numbers.

Yea I went through the whole trying to sell me 1g hardware
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it!

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For anyone that see this later - 2G Turbo Rear Caliper Clip Kit PN = MR389629,
(1) kit does (2) calipers. Cost = about $10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts