Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k. Superchips Inc. sells superchips for our NA 3000GTs for years 91-95 only and retails for $900.00 Im sure we can get them cheaper than that but my reason for writing this is because......i haven't heard of anyone ever talking about them and havent heard of anyone having it installed yet...
They claim +22hp gain and +25ft/lb (torque) for the NA cars and if you have a turbo they claim +50HP and 60ft/lb. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS MORE ABOUT THIS OR MIGHT BE INTERRESTED SO WE MAY GET A BETTER PRICE TOGETHER. HEY BRIAN (GTPRO) DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP US ON THIS SUBJECT SUPERCHIPS WORKS WITH OUR ECU AND WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE WERE TO GET A MORE AGGRESSIVE ECU FROM YOU....PERFORMANCE OF BOTH TOGETHER????? WWW.SUPERCHIPS.COM

[This message has been edited by Y3K (edited December 06, 1999).]

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well first of all paying $900 for a 22hp gain is kind of steep isn't it? Plus that is what they claim... from my experience your actual hp gain is usually less than what is claimed. For example a K&N FIPK claims you can get up to 20hp and that is only $150. I too would be curious about this mod though if anyone has any info.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Well, I'd only believe such an increasement if the can show a real dyno for our cars. Even more, the dyno MUST be done later as at the beginning the ECU has to relearn and the curve goes often lower afterwards.

What they do is the same as G-Force as they will install a daugther board into the ECU (warranty is gone then). This board will then carry the EPROMs for the program. On the Turbos and NA, ignition and fuel table will be altered. On the NAs ignition will be enhanced and the fuel table is locked on only one with maybe a little leaner settings. It "is" possible to see 20hp indeed but this is really the max possible. Just an expample : On the GM cars you can buy a programmer that loads a new program into the ECU. We immediatly got 15hp more but after a few days, some runs less good times on the track ! It's pretty tricky and here in Europe we create such programs directly on the dyno to get the most out of it. On the turbos, you may also get an additional bleeder valve delivered but they also chaqnge the behaviour of the stock boost solenoid. Remember, you can get easy 60hp with a Halmann boost pop-valve or the cheapest electronic boost controller for $300 (or the best for $499).

As said, it is possible on the NAs too but the gain will be not that great. Ask them to get one, install it, go to the dyno and if you are getting 20hp plus you will pay for dyno and upgrade, otherwise they will pay for the dyno and you send the ECU back (although it is not possible to reverse the mod !)

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, the information helped me alittle on what questions to ask , etc.
CLINT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts