Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross is exactly what the automaker needs and what many customers want, with a splash of unique styling and high tech goodies to round out the package.

Summing it up is easy: The Eclipse Cross is another compact crossover for Mitsubishi, but one that’s more focused on style, handling, and technology than the more family-friendly Outlander and value-packed but smaller Outlander Sport(called the RVR in Canada).

Mitsubishi is offering another crossover because that’s all people want to buy right now. The brand wants to be a destination for crossover-crazed consumers and the new Eclipse Cross is part of the plan.
Read more about the 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Review at AutoGuide.com.

17,558 Posts
Seems worse than a Kia Sportage in every way. Shame they called it an Eclipse.

17,558 Posts
I'm not sure why Mitsu and Ford is making their turbo versions so tiny. The Kia/Hyundai turbo stuff is 2 liters (na is 2.4) and I just wouldn't want to live with a small suv with a 1.5 turbo pulling hills.

·
Science, bitch!
1992 VR4
827 Posts
I'm not sure why Mitsu and Ford is making their turbo versions so tiny. The Kia/Hyundai turbo stuff is 2 liters (na is 2.4) and I just wouldn't want to live with a small suv with a 1.5 turbo pulling hills.

My wife has a 2017 Escape AWD 2.0L ecoboost. That is the perfect amount of power for a crossover. And it tows 3500 lbs too.

I agree, it’s sad Mitsubishi has abandoned their sports car offerings. No excitement from their lineup. Blah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17,558 Posts
My wife has a 2017 Escape AWD 2.0L ecoboost. That is the perfect amount of power for a crossover. And it tows 3500 lbs too.

I agree, it’s sad Mitsubishi has abandoned their sports car offerings. No excitement from their lineup. Blah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah I've just heard the 1.5 is a dog, didn't know they offered both. Ford's website is awful to try to find that out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wasn't a happy camper when I found out they were going to call this an Eclipse. It looks like every other automaker's offerings and the Eclipse name doesn't belong on an SUV.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The fact that Ford is abandoning all cars buy 2 to go after SUVs and trucks shows what the market wants. Mitsubishi is just going where the money is. With that said, they use to sell almost 200,000 Eclipses a year in the late 90's. Why can't they make something similar today?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts