Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

With a lot of the car makers bringing back old favorites like the Nissan Z, Ford Thunderbird, Mazda RX-8, maybe Dodge and Mitsubishi would consider reviving the Stealth/3000GT in the next few years.

At the Tokyo Motor Show, Volkswagen showed this prototype of the W-12 supercar with 600 hp. O to 60 time in 3.5 sec. Kinda looks like a next generation Stealth with the black roof, arching side door pillars and side door vents. WV is considering producing it at a cost of only $500,000!!

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1,107 Posts
Well I'll be damned! That's the first Volkswagen that has ever made me consider a VW. Every other VW out their looks like shiz IMO.

·
Registered
636 Posts
wow i didn't think they were going to make any more.. all the forumns i have read said that it would be to much money and a waste of it becaues mit gots other cars...

·
Lost Soul
6,235 Posts
that VW does looks pretty sweet.

-Jeff

·
THE MAN, THE AMERICAN
2,015 Posts
I'm not getting my hopes up. However, if Mitsu did a sports car (not the Lancer, but something like the 3000) I'd think Dodge would take notice. I doubt it'd be a car built in Japan, but considering DaimlerChrysler controlling interest in Mitsu and the want to increase the shared platforms, they'd probably consider.

However, I don't think a Stealth would fit into their plans. Especially with how the market's going, I'd put more stock in seeing a RWD V8 Charger, and of course if it exists the Stealth would not.

·
Whatever Man
2,678 Posts
2006, OK I'll bite. I've heard just about every other thing by now concerning the 3/S line. BTW, 500,000 by 2006 might not be too terribly off the inflation price by then. Considering how things are going, it wouldn't surpirse me terribly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts