Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
23 year old VR4
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this is probably stupid but I heard a rumor from some guy that didn't know where he heard it from that 3000GT's are going to be made again but only for one year in '05. I was thinking there was no way that would happen but then I was wondering if they still make GTO's in Japan. If they were still being made there then it might be feasible to make a few more American models if there was a demand. Has anyone else heard this? It is probably just a damn rumor that got me excited.
:bsflag: ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
i doubt it is true, but the wierd thing is that i heard the same thing less than a month ago.

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
cross ur fingers:)

u know the whole 3SI would buy out their inventory if they did ;)

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I heard the same thing from a dealership manager. He said it was still up in the air from what he was told and it would be a limited run with cost around $50k

Sam

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
I would bet that Mitsubishi will come out with something to compete against the Z, RX8...maybe RX7 if the rotory doesnt blow up this time, WRX, rumors of the Supra, NSX, and all of the other new sporty cars that everyone besides the US is putting out. Maybe Mitsu will just turbo the eclipse...bad move if you ask me. But hopefully they will come out with something (GTO??? but at least a beast waiting to be modded out)

·
Registered
580 Posts
correct me if im wrong but there was a debate about this a month or 2 ago. And aparently there was a few concepts one was of a v8 4.5liter 3000gt. I used to have some links to pics that some one else on this forum showed me but i dont have em no more...:(

·
23 year old VR4
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if GTO's are still made in Japan???

Also... Wouldn't that be sweet if they could make it about 6-800 lbs lighter and but a montero v8 with twin turbo's.... Damn... I'm getting excited for nothing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
yeah dont bother getting excited its prolly just rumores and either way we lose...

it comes out our cars lose value
it doesnt come out we're sad
get my point?:rolleyes:

·
Big C
1,511 Posts
eyeluvmy3kgt said:

Also... Wouldn't that be sweet if they could make it about 6-800 lbs lighter and but a montero v8 with twin turbo's.... Damn... I'm getting excited for nothing.
6-800 lbs lighter= $6000-$8000 more
V8 engine= $2000 more
turbos= $2000 more

but I guess i'd still buy a VR4 for $60k if it weighed 3100lbs and had 400+ stock hp, not to mention that the engine would have to be longitudinally mounted to fit V8 and AWD, but then again all the research involved in that would cost money that Mitsu is too cheap to spend, heck they couldn't even design a separate platform for the 3/S in the first place(it was based off the Galant), so how would they do it this time around... off the Montero platform... yuck!

unfortunately Mitsu is probably gonna just fill the VR4 spot w/ a turbo version of that ass-ugly "chick" car, the Bitchlips... I mean Eclipse... while its spot is filled by another ass-ugly car the Lancer.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
eyeluvmy3kgt said:

the last year was 99 for the GTO as well. I dont know if it would be such a good thing for a new model to come out...I really dont like the New "Z" as much as the Fairlady....

·
Registered
28 Posts
yeah, the new z is a dissapointment. i would hate to see something like that happen to the 3000gt. plus i highly doubt that a new version would look even half as good as the original.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
pinto! said:
yeah, the new z is a dissapointment. i would hate to see something like that happen to the 3000gt. plus i highly doubt that a new version would look even half as good as the original.
I disagree. the Z is a great car and came out at the perfect time. I would never buy it...but the aftermaket support it will have...dont be suprised if you see some Twin Turboed Z dropin high 11s real soon.

Hopefully the RX-8 will make some waves aswell. I think this gens motor will hold up well and the 8's will do some damage on the market. Im just wonder what the american 8's are going to do. All they have left are stangs.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
KuJaX said:
start saving up your money now, and get ready to blow it in 2005. :) that would be awesome!

:) I was thikin the same...screw that im going to get A++ credit and get a loan..then i can have 2 Vr's!

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
There is no way they would make it for only one year. I really hope they bring it back though with the RX-8 and new Supra going to be released later. And the new 350Z is out.

Now its time for the return of the GTO. If they ever go back into production, I will be one of the very first on the list to have a white VR-4. w00t!!! :D

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
what if they bring back all the supercars in order they were produced?

first-the 350Z (300ZX),then the RX-8 (RX-7), next the Supra and then the 3KGT..that would be some good business planning:D

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
I dont think that the RX8 is considered a replacement for the RX7 in any way. I mean just look at the 8...ugly as fuck IMO. I read that the 8 is kind of a trial or guinea pig to see if the market could support a 7.

Someone should seriously call Mazda and tell them that basically the 8 will not sell that much and just give us the 7. Who the hell wants that extra door anyways?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.