Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
.5 Man .5 Dinosaur !!!!!!
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just when i thought that the new Mustang was a fast car, Last Thursday again another one bit the dust.
There where 2 of them, one had 1400 miles on it but also had an intake and exhaust. The other one was just like it but the exhaust was quieter.
Well the black one was the loud one, so he lines up abd tells me he is sorry in advanced that he is gonna beat the "JAPO". So i smile and put my window up.
Rustang VR-4
R/T: .52 R/T: .70
1/8: 9.11 1/8: 9.19

So now im pissed because i got beat by a shit talker just because i had a shit launch. At the turn around i tell him to go again and he said no go with my brother. I'm like cool One mustang just ass good as the other, right?
So, the red one lines up and tells me its too bad i spent my money on that foreign Piece of shit.
Red Rustang VR-4
R/T: .53 R/T: .52
1/8: 9.02 1/8: 8.64

So now im happy and start talking my own stuff, Like Built FORD SUCKS.

He tried telling me that there was something fishy about my car and that where was my NOS?

So, Another Bites the dust.

By the way does anyone know whats stock HP on these Ponys?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Shouldn't you have had an easier time beating him in the 1/8 mile track?? You have AWD and that is where you can get people is on your launching. I mean by the time other cars hook up the 1/8 mile is almost completed.

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Driver

With a good driver Mustangs usually dont burn rubber

·
Registered
856 Posts
New Mustang GT's = 260hp. They run low 14's i think. You should have stomped these guys. What are you launching your car at?

.jon

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Hmm, with those mods I as able to run 8.4 @ 84mph on a 90+ deg day. We gotta work on your 60ft times...

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
launches

I know my launches suck but im working on them.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
i thought the VR4/TT was one of the easiest cars to launch...:confused:

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
FireStormTT said:
i thought the VR4/TT was one of the easiest cars to launch...:confused:
Yeah, easy if you don't bog. See, the problem is that the car gets SO much traction that it will actually bog the engine if you let the rpms drop too much on the launch. :( Let the clutch out too fast and not enough gas will net you a bogged launch. Slip the clutch too much and you will spin the clutch and sit there. Fine line between all of that, if you can believe it.

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
yeah i can believe that. It sounds like my problem in my car. I am afraid i will spin so i let the clutch out slowly, therefore i usually bog off the line and just creep for a few feet and then i'm off. I thought that you could just tach up to 4000 and let the clutch out right away.

·
Registered
18,548 Posts
the 1.82 60' in his sig is better than i ever got. i had a 1.93 or something when i ran my 13.72

·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
question

Hey 91vr4, I haven't ran 1/4 mile in a long time but you think estimating my 1/8 mile should i be in the mid 13's?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts