Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who would win?

1991 300GT Auto with new engine, only 2000 miles on it or a 2001 manual RSX?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
You should be able to beat the base RSX but the typeS would most likely, no 6 speed would definatley walk you. But you should take the base in either auto or manual.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah man...you will definatly kill the RSX weather it is manual or auto. But the Type S..6-speed will eat you alive.;)

V

·
0 Posts
The RSX Type S is stronger I think.Try to race him from a roll.
You may have a bigger chance.Keep it safe and fun.:cool:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
The RSX was rated to put out a 15.6 in the 1/4 mile...not hardly as impressive as the commercials. LOL:D

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
The RSX Type S will wipe it's ass with your auto NA. You should be able to beat the base model.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Powelsound said:
The RSX Type S will wipe it's ass with your auto NA. You should be able to beat the base model.
DITTO;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
no, it depends on the driver. in my ES i can keep up with and i have beaten a RSX type S. last night actually. also i raced a 92 maxima its definately a sleeper for us N/A guys. 3.0 V6 200HP but only 2700 pounds, and i had a full tank of gas, a girl in the passenger seat, and a stereo system.

·
W3Si member #010
1,765 Posts
Another car for us n/a guys to watch out for are those Integra tyre R's. 195hp/2600lbs. I barely walked a modded one from 35 last night. I was slowly pulling til I made my shift to 3rd at 70mph. Then I pulled pretty well, but nothing close to killing it. Just a slow walk til he let off when I was about a car length at 85mph. It wasnt a great kill, but hey,
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winnings winning." ~Vin Diesel, The Fast and the Furious

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
StealthEs92 said:
no, it depends on the driver. in my ES i can keep up with and i have beaten a RSX type S. last night actually. also i raced a 92 maxima its definately a sleeper for us N/A guys. 3.0 V6 200HP but only 2700 pounds, and i had a full tank of gas, a girl in the passenger seat, and a stereo system.
Yeah man...a Stock N/A 3000GT and Stealth could definatly take a RSX Type S if they are both 5-speed and the 3k driver keeps it nice and smooth. But an auto ( like originally posted ) has got no chance in beating the Type S ( 6-speed). Unless he really really f*cks up his shifts than he will beat the 3k auto. ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys...I'm goina try and race him anyways just to seewhat happends. Im also going to race an inegra, dunno what type, and a 300ZX and both of tme know I will beat them but then they brought their friend into it, the type S, yes type S 6 speed. At first I thought it was the base and was all i'd beat him but then they told me he had type S. I'm not one to back down, even if i lose it'll be an experience and I'll let ya know how it goes so people like me wont or will make the same mistake in enticing a car like that. :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
GO FOR IT MAN...screw what happens ( just dont crash or get caught by the cops ).

Than with it all said and done come and post it up on the Board so we can see what the outcome was.;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well...havent raced yet, but tomorrow (Friday) I am going ot race the RSX type S and two of his friends...300ZX (old dunno what year but i'll beat it) and integra which i will also beat. Its just a freindly race and I will post the results when I get home tomorrow.

In the meantime, I raced a stealth ES yesterday from a 15 mph roll. We were dead even when I shutdown at 80mph on a 45 mph road. Luckily i did because he keptgoing and flew ahead missing a car in front of him by at least a foot and cut into my lane, then bac kinto his and slammed on his brakes to schreech to a halt with white somke and the scent of burnt rubber in the air. I was so glad he didnt get hurt and when i pulled next to him all he did was give me a thumbs up and drive off. Good thing he wasnt as scared as I was.

·
Registered
856 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Sports compact rated them at 15.6 and laughed saying that they actually expected it to be quicker than the Type R.

If you have an auto N/A than you could take the base weather it is manual or auto. But you will need a manual to beat the Type S.

We are all making it more difficult that is really is.;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok...Results are here

First I raced a 2001 manual Mustang GT just for fun...he beat me by about 1 1/2 to 2 car legths in the 1/4. Then I raced the long awaited RSX. I had him off the line even with my auto because he spun out and i did the brake + gas wannabe launch. We were neck and neck until a car pulled in front so we had to stop about 3/4 to the 1/4. I dunno if I would have won, but I was still in second and he was in third and we had to scatter because there was word of cops on their way. Anywayz, I think i did very well vs the type S for an auto SL.

And for all of you that thought i'd get killed, all i have to say is never underestimate the 3000GT!

especially the blue one, cuz that gives me at least 100+ extra HP.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
GREAT RUN.....

LOL.YES!!!!....good job man. That was great. Finally getting all those horses and weight to the ground to ripp shit up. LOL

·
Registered
683 Posts
You only lost by 1-1/2 car lengths to a new manual mustang GT? I have to raise the BS flag there. There is no way unless he missed 2 gears that that should have been close. They are a ton faster then a manual 3000GT let alone an auto. I raced my friends 2002 mustang GT from a roll and up to 60mph it was a car and 1/2, but by the 1/4 he had prob 4 cars on me and I'm a good driver with a stick. OH BTW, he missed 2nd. Its just too hard to believe. sorry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My bad...the RSX type S was a manual and the Mustang GT was an auto

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Makes more sense man...but nonetheless that is some good as run and kill scenarios'. HEHE. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts