Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a 2 way valve (blue color) for my fuel system next to the fuel pump. While changing the fuel pump we lost that 2 way valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I think it's just a check valve to vent the pressure from the fuel tank to the charcoal canister. So it's a 1-way valve.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be called a check valve although one site which describes how to change out the pump called it a 2 way valve. It was blue in color.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
It might be called a check valve although one site which describes how to change out the pump called it a 2 way valve. It was blue in color.
More of a check valve as damienx511 said, see mechanical service manual pages 13F-3 thru 13F-5. It’s actually called “fuel tank pressure control valve”, keeps tank from becoming over pressurized by venting fumes to evaporative emissions canister.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More of a check valve as damienx511 said, see mechanical service manual pages 13F-3 thru 13F-5. It’s actually called “fuel tank pressure control valve”, keeps tank from becoming over pressurized by venting fumes to evaporative emissions canister.
Dodge Dealer can not get one. It is listed as Vapor Valve

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Check with Aaron Chandler on FB page 3000gt Stealth Parts Supply

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
.......I order it even though I don't think that part is critical.
I thought it might be more important for turbo cars, but after reading check procedure it flows both directions with resistance leaving tank. So now not sure and had to edit what I previously wrote. Seems as though it tries to maintain given pressure in tank, so I’m now not sure what would happen if left out. :unsure:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought it might be more important for turbo cars, but after reading check procedure it flows both directions with resistance leaving tank. So now not sure and had to edit what I previously wrote. Seems as though it tries to maintain given pressure in tank, so I’m now not sure what would happen if left out. :unsure:
From my research not having it might lead to less gas mileage. I do have 500 turbos and have installed a stronger fuel pump. It is called a vapor valve and reuses gas fumes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Notice the picture shows an arrow, that points to the front of the car. As stated before this valve releases vapor pressure to the charcoal canister. If you were to plug this valve up it would cause pressure to build up in your fuel tank. They come on NA and TT cars. I'm not sure why upgrading turbos would recommend installing this valve because you should have one on the original fuel tank already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Notice the picture shows an arrow, that points to the front of the car. As stated before this valve releases vapor pressure to the charcoal canister. If you were to plug this valve up it would cause pressure to build up in your fuel tank. They come on NA and TT cars. I'm not sure why upgrading turbos would recommend installing this valve because you should have one on the original fuel tank already.

Actually I think when I bought it 8 years ago (used) I don't think it had one connected. There are actually 2 rubber hoses that are lose from both sides of the fuel pump most likely one going into the tank and the other to the charcoal filer. The Dodge Dealer told me it was a Vapor Valve to recirculate gas fumes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts