Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up. I was planning on doing a custom 2 seat conversion on my 95 3kGT base. I gotta get the measurements for the back, but does anyone have any clue on how to secure the box?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I wanna do this too for my 91' ES.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
yea, i want to do this to my 92 VR-4 to take away some extra weight (even though i will probably add it all back by putting in subs :p ) anyone don this and have any useful advice? i haven't really looked at how the back seats are attached but i imagine they are pretty easy to take out.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I plan on taking out my back seats and putting in an amp rack. I've had the back seat apart and the bottom is connected by clip thingies, I'm just gonna try to take those off of the seat and mount them onto hte bottom of the rack. As for the back of the rear seat, it's connected by bolts. You can just make some mounts and bolt it right up. I plan on putting mine together on Friday or Saturday of this week!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
ESC,
i think i read on anoter post that the guy used a heavy-type of velcrow and used that to secure the box down to the carpeting (back of seats). i used just a regular velcrow to hold my amp down in my truck, and it doesnt move...so iguess this could be applied to the box as well.

-Greg

·
Registered
466 Posts
omewhere, from some site, there is a link titled "sulley's two seat conversion" can't remeber where tho

·
4,613 Posts
I was going to fiberglass a flat panel that would just fit over where the seats were and then carpet it and it would be an easy wieght reduction mod... but I figured the wieght reduction wasnt worth the effort since it is very minimal.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BuRn, do you have any clue how that guy painted his interior grey like that? Did he actually order the parts, or spray paint them? That would be a nice little twist.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Its spray paint....i did the same thing im my car, but in white.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Does n e 1 have the blueprints for the 2 seat conversion box?? If so, could u email them to me [email protected] or post it. thanx!

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
it's on that link right above.. check it out for yourself.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
well shit...i had went to that site earlier, but i didnt realize that it had a link for the instructions;) thanx for pointing that out SilverBullet

1 - 14 of 14 Posts