1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95' Stealth RT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to people in the future, both have been SOLD -

I Have 2 ECU's for sale,
Before I put my car into storage, I purchased 2 "rebuilt" ECU's for it "just in case"

However, I don't remember what ECU I put into the car as I was trying to troubleshoot an issue at the time that I tracked back to something else.
Memory is failing me if I ever swapped the original back in, so Consider these USED and NOT rebuilt, as I cannot guarantee the state of them and I'm not sure how to go about checking. One of them has a wire loom included. Eventually planning on a Jester for my car, so ill be swapping out the remaining ECU in a few months.

Because of the above, I'm taking fair offers.

·
Registered
95' Stealth RT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know, you would check the MD part number in my pictures vs the one in your car. Mine is a 95, so I believe that makes me a 2nd gen as are you but hopefully another member can chime in to verify for you. Because my memory is sketch AF at times.

·
Registered
38 Posts
the md192591 ECU is for 94 to 95 NA applications. there are two versions 1 being a fed spec and 2 being a cali spec. It will not function on a 97 turbo car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As far as I know, you would check the MD part number in my pictures vs the one in your car. Mine is a 95, so I believe that makes me a 2nd gen as are you but hopefully another member can chime in to verify for you. Because my memory is sketch AF at times.
I am looking for a rebuilt and your #'s match mine. Where did you get the rebuilds and how long ago? I am asking because I have never seen one with cables attached, so my preference and best guess would be the naked one. I guess I could offer $50 and take a chance. I took mine out today and opened it up and it looks brand new, but I guess there could be gremlins hiding inside some of the little bits. Since yours are supposedly rebuilt did you get a warrantee from the company that did the work ? I see some that give a lifetime guarantee and there must be a way that they can identify the ones they have worked on.
Thanks, BBBrain

·
Registered
95' Stealth RT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking for a rebuilt and your #'s match mine. Where did you get the rebuilds and how long ago? I am asking because I have never seen one with cables attached, so my preference and best guess would be the naked one. I guess I could offer $50 and take a chance. I took mine out today and opened it up and it looks brand new, but I guess there could be gremlins hiding inside some of the little bits. Since yours are supposedly rebuilt did you get a warrantee from the company that did the work ? I see some that give a lifetime guarantee and there must be a way that they can identify the ones they have worked on.
Thanks, BBBrain
I think mine were bought on ebay about 2016, although I cannot seem to locate the receipts. I think you want more then I can guarantee and you might best be suited going to the "known" rebuilds from a retailer. I tried to be as honest as I could when I created the post and I am continuing to do so.
ultimately, I am planning on removing my ECU and replacing it with a Jester or like retrofit, for what data I am getting out of my currently installed ECU* even with the converter I just bought, I would rather have USB access, as there is just not enough useful info coming back imho*

If you want ill send both of these for 75 shipped but other then that, I may either pitch these or try to sell them to a rebuild service at this point.

·
Curmudgeon
5,678 Posts
Sooner or later someone will be looking for one.
Just a thought, can you put them in your car and run them for a few days to see if they work?
You might have better luck selling them "known working" even if they're not rebuilt.

(Just to be clear I can't use them in my '91 and am not interested myself, just trying to help.)

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
2,915 Posts
the md192591 ECU is for 94 to 95 NA applications. there are two versions 1 being a fed spec and 2 being a cali spec. It will not function on a 97 turbo car.
Just to be completely clear as Halo475*%2 said above both are for 94 or 95 Fed spec NA car, either a manual or automatic car (work in both). Neither are for Cali spec car, different part and configuration number and neither will work in any turbo car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the input from the sensible guys. Just for the record, have you ever opened these up to look for obvious deterioration or leakage? That's easy to do, as I described earlier, mine is looking like new. If not, then I'm assuming that as far as you know they are not operational since they haven't been installed in anything that you own that has been running. You did buy them as 'rebuilt', but it seems you never tried to verify. If you would open and look for me, and you see no sign of damage, or as Curmudgeon (funny, that's what my brother calls me, you must be pretty old too, I'm 80) suggests, just plug them in your car and see if anything good or bad happens. With a good report either way, and if you could post pix of the opened up boards, and I can't see obvious damage, I will take a chance on them. After all, that's what I'll have to do with them, after they get here. See what you can do please. Mine is a really pristine '94 SL that just developed this missing, herky-jerkey RPM problem, starting just after the engine starts to drop down to normal idle after cold start. About a minute and a half or so. Air -Con and steering inputs work as advertised and I have changed air cleaner and IAC. Waiting for new MAF, but so far no improvement. Starts right up with no missing or chugging and runs like a champ until the idle reduction, then it chugs itself into an eventual stall. Any Guesses from the more seasoned guys ??? , and Thanks for caring, in advance.

·
Registered
95' Stealth RT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
im not 80, i just work on average 55 hours a week and my time is both limited and precocious to me in that i don't go dicking about with superfluous endeavors like disconnecting functional parts.

If you will please re-read my initial post, I think that you will find that i stated that i cant remember which one i ended up swapping into and out of the car. in other words, these were run, just not for very long.

can you please CALL OUT in EXPLICIT detail, what you would consider to be a proof of a "good" ECU, because i get the feeling that simply plugging them in and starting the car wont suffice.

as for the rpm pulsing, you likely have a vacuum leak, check the spring on the throttlebody for a leak, it is apparently a common issue on these cars as they age. I recommend a smoke test. you can build a smoke machine using this as a guide:
connect it AFTER your MAF not before.

please find below the pictures of the inside of the ECU's, but i suggest you buy one of these, they have the warrantee you want,

·
Registered
6 Posts
im not 80, i work on average 55 hours a week and my time is both limited and precocious to me in that i don't go dicking about with superfluous endeavors.

please re-read my initial post, I think that you will find that i stated that i cant remember which one i ended up swapping into and out of the car. in other words, these were run.
can you please CALL OUT in EXPLICIT detail, what you would consider to be a proof of a "good" ECU, because i get the feeling that simply plugging them in and starting the car wont suffice.

as for the rpm pulsing, you likely have a vacuum leak, check the spring on the throttlebody.

please find below the pictures of the inside of the ECU's, but i suggest you buy one of these, they have the warrantee you want,

View attachment 295304
View attachment 295308 View attachment 295310

View attachment 295311
im not 80, i work on average 55 hours a week and my time is both limited and precocious to me in that i don't go dicking about with superfluous endeavors.

please re-read my initial post, I think that you will find that i stated that i cant remember which one i ended up swapping into and out of the car. in other words, these were run.

as for the rpm pulsing, you likely have a vacuum leak, check the spring on the throttlebody.

View attachment 295304
View attachment 295308 View attachment 295310

View attachment 295311
I think mine were bought on ebay about 2016, although I cannot seem to locate the receipts. I think you want more then I can guarantee and you might best be suited going to the "known" rebuilds from a retailer. I tried to be as honest as I could when I created the post and I am continuing to do so.
ultimately, I am planning on removing my ECU and replacing it with a Jester or like retrofit, for what data I am getting out of my currently installed ECU* even with the converter I just bought, I would rather have USB access, as there is just not enough useful info coming back imho*

If you want ill send both of these for 75 shipped but other then that, I may either pitch these or try to sell them to a rebuild service at this point.
Tell me how you want me to pay you and ship them on out. I apologize for not reading your original post correctly. You did what I asked with good pix and I like what I see. I will try them out and hope for the best. Thank you for your honest approach, I appreciate it. Now all we have to do is exchange required info like addresses and such on a more private forum. How would you like to do it? Since I am almost as new as you in this forum I am not sure what guys do to complete a deal.

·
Registered
95' Stealth RT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it would be paypal goods and services.

also, 2 of the screws on the outside of the ECU's were seized and i had to resort to vice grips when i opened them and they... are a bit mangled. i will include those screws but im just letting you know. Ill PM you after i wake up tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
it would be paypal goods and services.

also, 2 of the screws on the outside of the ECU's were seized and i had to resort to vice grips when i opened them and they... are a bit mangled. i will include those screws but im just letting you know. Ill PM you after i wake up tomorrow.
Good enough, I will now have an extra box with screws, probably just swap the boards for starters.

·
Registered
6 Posts
bbbrain, sir I am sending you a PM.
That's great sir, but I am so new around here is there a special place I have to know about to pick it up. I have just figured out what PM means ,I think personal message, and I also don't know what boot means, which seems to used fairly frequently on this forum. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good enough, I will now have an extra box with screws, probably just swap the boards for starters.
If you are up yet, Please Send me a PM (if you know how) with the payment info and I will get it off to you. i guess there must be some account info with paypal that I need to know, but I am a newby and really don't know what I am doing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts