Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have had it with the pop up lights, so I am looking into a conversion....Is the only thing needed for this conversion a 2nd gen hood, along with 2nd gen projector lights....Will the parts bolt on, or is there other mods needed...

How much are 2nd gen hoods, and lights (used but in good condition)...and how much do you think I could get for the first gen hood, along with one working headlight....If anyone has done these please help me out, the car is away until March and I have plenty of time to get everything lined up....Thanks

·
reason for tickets.......
1,039 Posts
.... been wondering the same thing

·
Banned
762 Posts
just tried the conversion yesterday, to a 95 stealth front end... you can't just do sec gen lights w/o the bumper or bodyshope custom modification. basically the process isn't exactly a direct bolt on, you have to move the crash bar (bumeper reinforcement) up about 2.5''. see my thread;
http://209.58.199.225/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=53198&goto=newpost
the brackets arond the lower portion of the bumper needs new holes drilled in the bumper to get them on. The headlight buckets have to be replaced or modified, the wireing harness for the headlights have to be spliced into to convert from one bulb plug to a 9004, 9005 system.

not much more than that. It took me 5 hours to get the bumper off play with different ways to get it on and do the drilling into the bumper... then decide to put the old one back on, the whole thing could easily be done in a day with someones help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts