Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. i am new to the board but haqve been reading up on it a while and think its greeat. I ahve a couple questions for you experts out there. I am interested in getting a vr-4. However, i am stuck between purchasing a 92 0r 93 or a 94. I dont have the money to get a low mileage 94. I could probablly only afford somehting with around 100k. Plus, i'd like to have some money left over to put mods on. What im basically asking is what is the difference between the 92/93 and 94 besides the 6 speed tranny and ecu. Also, what do you guys feels looks better? Just looking for some help here. Thanks in advance, Derek

R

·
0 Posts
Be careful, on some 100k+ vr4's you are looking at a rebuild in your near future........Engine and trans. Which will run much more $$$ than any mods you are thinking of adding!

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
yeah.. just be wary of higher mileage VR-4's.. make certain they are in good shape and they were cared for by the previous owner(s). In 1994, the boost was turned up to 11psi from 9psi (but you can fix that even if you get a 1st gen), tranny went 6-speed, brakes up front got larger, rims got changed (although basically same size). I think that's it, besides the obvious (lights, hood, bumpers, side skirts, etc)..

·
One Shizz-rippin' M F
3,554 Posts
the differences between 92 and 93 are: forged nitrided crank, proper shifter (it looses the long floppy noodle shifter), thats the only major changes I can think of there, for 93-94 you get bigger brakes(bigger rotors in front, 2 piston fixed calipers in rear as opposed to single piston floating. lifters that dont tick (larger oil hole) - I think that was 94?. r13a refrigerant, boost is set higher from factory. Thats about all I can think of off hand, I like the look of the first gens better exept the recessed headlights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts