Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a light waiting to make a left hand turn onto the main drag when a grey and a black GSX pass thru the light in front of me racing a Mustang. The grey GSX was two to three car lengths ahead and the black was holding his own. My left turn light turns green so I proceed to try to catch up to the Mitsubishis. Fortunately they catch a red lights two lights ahead and I end up three cars back. I stay in this position until we catch the next light and we all turn right. I pull past the black GSX and up beside the grey one. The black one pulls up on my right the grey one is on my left. We are on a 6 lane divided city street leading out of town going 40 mph. The black GSX jumps on it and the grey one pulls ahead of me by a half a car length. I am in second and start pulling on the grey GSX. We are already one and a half car lenghth ahead of the black one when I hit 3rd by this time I am beginning to pull ahead of the grey Mitsubishi. There is a semi ahead in my lane so I have to switch to the right lane by this time I am 1 car length ahead of the grey one and the black one is just lights in my rear view mirror. I hit 4th and accelerate up to 120mph when we all shut down due to the light ahead is red. Before we shut down I am pulling away from the grey one quite easily. They pull beside me for the road at this light opens up to 4 lanes. We all decide to pull into a shopping center and compare upgrades. The black GSX is pretty much stock but the grey one is far from stock. Full exhaust upgrade 15g turbo clipped running 17psi of boost with a profec b. Front mounted intercooler, 550 injectors, APEXi AFC. His car was strong. This was my first race since I install the Blitz SBCid and Power Meter. It was a fun race and felt good to have the kill.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
way to put the 3000gt little brother back in its place

sweet kill. :D

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
yeah some of the guys on this board have pretty fast gsx's/tsi's but way to represent

·
Registered
291 Posts
Nice kill. Defenetly sounds like the 3000gt has better top end on the double digits. Are you also running stock boost?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have ran numerous upgraded turbo DSM's and for the most part the do falter on the top end. I raced a few different combos and second we were dead even and through the start of third. But as third winds out I started to pull and it got easier the closer to fourth I got. Only the Mutt level 4 GSX was able to hang on that high of speed. But he was only running 15psi and kept up in any gear (we are talking inches here, literally). Not bad for a car that started with 80HP less stock. Nice runs though. Those turbo dsm's are great.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dude, great kill, GSX's can be outrageously fast. Buddy of mine has one that looks way rice, but actually has some nut behind it. He'd probably tear me a fatty new ass hole. Nice work man!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am running 14.3 lbs of boost he was running 17 lbs of boost. I sometimes get boost spikes and I have the warning set up to drop my boost back so not to harm the engine. When I get closer to 14.7 lbs. I spike over 15 psi quite often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts