Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a 93sl for about 6 month now and i love it more that life itself. but after hearing all of you vr4'ers talking about how great your cars are to drive, i am considering purchasing one. my question is, should i be looking for a 1st gen or 2nd gen? i don't care so much about the difference in looks, just the reliability factor. also, is the high maintain factor worth the extra driving pleasure. do i need to go drive one and find out for myself? or should i stick with the sl and be happy? thoughts?
thanks,
kevin calvano 93sl
thanks,
kevin calvano 93sl

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
All things considered, the 2nd gen is my choice.. BUT, price comes into play here too, the 1st gen cars are a great buy!! and NO less reliable.. Just need to make sure of who you are buying from. The VR is a driving experience all it's own, esspecially in the handling dept.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Maybe it's just me but I do like the looks of the 91-93 better. The only thing I was thinking of doing someday is convert the Rectangluar pop-ups to pop-ups with the the twin projectors in them. I've install the boost controller so as for horse power I should be up with the 94+.

93 VR4 and loving it,
Andy

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input Brian. If you can make your sl twin turbo conversion affortable, my decision might have already been made.
thanks,
kevin calvano 93sl

G

·
I highly value Brian's opinions, but he has inadvertantly convinced me that I should stay with my 1st gen VR4. Here's why: Brian is coming out with a "no scab" hood with a provision for a front strut brace, and the TMO datalogger only works (so far) on the 1st gen cars. I think I'll put the money I'd pay for a newer car into more mods and maint. on the one I already love.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Kcalvano, if your in the market for a Vr4 just wanted to let you know mines for sale and it's right in Town. But good luck with whatever you decide.

Raja
94 vr4

[This message has been edited by Raja (edited December 11, 1999).]

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Raja,
what year, and how many miles are on it. how much are you looking for?
kevin calvano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.