Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Robotics Engineer
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this still of any interest to anyone? What value would one place on having the factory ROMs for non-99 programmable ECUs?

I know a few of you would like the ability to see the original fuel maps, which may aid in tuning. I feel like a lot of "advanced" owners are well beyond that by already having a solid understanding of how to tune on 3rd party platforms or with someone that can perform that task for them.

The only thing I can think about is a programmable factory ECU which may be more cost effective.

Just bouncing some thoughts. I won't say much else from that point.

·
Robotics Engineer
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe the early ROMs to have any significant mapping differences from the 98-99 ROM that we do have ready access to.
Interesting, how was that concluded? observing what the ECU was doing externally?

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
There are enough differences that building a base map for one car may be nothing like the base map for another car. Your car WILL need individual tuning, especially with a different turbosystem and exhaust mods that improve VE, and if you're overflowing the factory FPR at idle, which you most likely are with that fuel pump. Better get tuning from scratch. :)
Just food for thought.

Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts