Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Nireez said:
To update this thread I had to put my 92 ECU back in my VR-4, and this ECU I got from a board member has a leaking cap that leaked all over the board. This ECU is unrepairable so says the shop. This member has lied to me about shipping it out on the correct date and the overall condition of this. If I don't receive a full refund of my money I will be filing a claim against. I will have to wait until I find an ECU that is in good condition before I continue this.
Doh! Hope you get a refund, i know how much of a pain in the ass it can be :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I gave him until Monday afternoon to refund my money. I have already found another ECU, just waiting for my money to get back to me.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Good, let me know if you need anything to help advance this topic, I have a 92 vr4 parts car.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
bump. anyone else do this?

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm still trying to find an ECU bro. Since two days ago I blew the motor. I will be rebuilding it soon and have it going in about a month. HOPEFULLY someone will come off their ECU so I can throw it in there after the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Nireez said:
I'm still trying to find an ECU bro. Since two days ago I blew the motor. I will be rebuilding it soon and have it going in about a month. HOPEFULLY someone will come off their ECU so I can throw it in there after the rebuild.
throw up a post in Parts Wanted. I've seen a couple go by :). Good to know you're still workin on that

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm in the process of my rebuild. Everything is in pieces at the moment. I should be done within the next couple weeks once I receive all my parts. I haven't thrown up any Wtd posts but I've been looking through all the FS threads and found nothing in my price range. I will even spring for a JDM ECU.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Nireez said:
I'm in the process of my rebuild. Everything is in pieces at the moment. I should be done within the next couple weeks once I receive all my parts. I haven't thrown up any Wtd posts but I've been looking through all the FS threads and found nothing in my price range. I will even spring for a JDM ECU.
alright. i'll prolly get my TT conv started in 1.5-2 weeks with the 92 VR4 ecu, so i'll let you know. I plan on getting an aftermarket fan controller then wiring in an o2 sensor. As far as the CAS timing, im just going to let it pull the 4 degrees at 7000 rpms or whatever, not sure if its worth the hassle of re-wiring.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If that is true about pulling timing, I wouldn't worry about re-wiring it. Hook up a datalogger and check it out. If you run into any snags with your conversion let me know, maybe I can help.

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Finally after all the shit I ran into and a complete rebuild later, I have my TT ECU in my car. I can say a few things now.

1) The car runs ten times better than before. No more wasting gas.
2) Radiator fan does not work. For some reason it was working with the 93 ECU in there but not the 91.
3) Only one o2 is hooked up and no problems yet. No CEL, nothing.
4) I hotwired the datalogger port in the ECU. I tapped three wires and it works like a champ. (Always spring the extra cash for an OEM connector, much more convienient).

So far thats it. I just swapped out ECU's and it seems to be running fine. I'll splice my rear o2 sensor with the ECU so it thinks I have 2 sensors hooked up and see if anything is different.

Nick

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Finally after all the shit I ran into and a complete rebuild later, I have my TT ECU in my car. I can say a few things now.

2) Radiator fan does not work. For some reason it was working with the 93 ECU in there but not the 91.
4) I hotwired the datalogger port in the ECU. I tapped three wires and it works like a champ. (Always spring the extra cash for an OEM connector, much more convienient).

So far thats it. I just swapped out ECU's and it seems to be running fine. I'll splice my rear o2 sensor with the ECU so it thinks I have 2 sensors hooked up and see if anything is different.

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
I just posted a pic of the derale fan controller I am using on my Venting thread. Solves the fan problem for less than $40.-- And it's best to make a harness for the front O2- Your car will run better. I noticed a big differance in pearlryde's car. Oh, and running one O2 sensor won't throw a CEL in that year ( it's the same as my motor). But will hurt performance some.--Dee

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Nireez said:

Nick
Thanks for the update. So you hot wired the datalogger to the hybrid obd port? Is the diagram for the port in the manual? cause I couldnt find it.
3000hybrid said:
I just posted a pic of the derale fan controller I am using on my Venting thread. Solves the fan problem for less than $40.-- And it's best to make a harness for the front O2- Your car will run better. I noticed a big differance in pearlryde's car. Oh, and running one O2 sensor won't throw a CEL in that year ( it's the same as my motor). But will hurt performance some.--Dee
Couldnt find that thread, but thanks for the info. The HKS one i was looking at was $180 :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,577 Posts
[/QUOTE]Couldnt find that thread, but thanks for the info. The HKS one i was looking at was $180 :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I deleted the thread- it had too many pics. Here is the one I have. And it works like a champ.

http://www.dougherbert.com/adjustablefancontroller-p-12131.html

I have my battery relocated so that my fused power block up top- and the fan controller between it and the fuse box.
The wiring is really easy- it's adjustable from 160-240 degrees I think. I have mine set @ 190 degrees. I also have it wired so it keeps running after the key is off until the temp is below 190 in the radiator. It's the best mod I have done to my car that cost less that $100 :) .

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Cool, i just ordered it. :) Thanks for the tip, saved me a lot of money!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
To wire up the Diagnostic port is easy. There are only three wires used to log. Take pink wire (pin 10) and splice it with pin 113 on the ECU (pink also). Then take yellow wire (pin 1) and splice it with pin 112 on ECU (yellow also). Then connect the ground to any ground. I chose the ECU ground since there are a couple of them. That was it, logs great.

Nick

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Wiring up the o2 sensor is not that easy. I don't have any connector on my harness for it (as someone stated in another post). I just put a sensor in and spliced into the heater + and heater-. Then I ran the signal wire straight to the ECU. I will finish running the signal ground to the ECU tomorrow. Hopefully it functions right. Everything else seems to be just fine. I can say that the car runs ten times better with this ECU in, and I still only have one o2 on it.

Nick

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
OK I have grounded the signal wire at the ECU where the second o2 wire is. I still get no reading. I have no idea on how to get this working other than to get an o2 simulator. Any extra input is greatly appreciated.

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
For the front o2 housing, I already had a connector there by the alternator 94 Fed Spec. For the rear, I simply extended from the rear o2 housing to where the NA one comes out by the downpipe, then heat-wrapped and tie wrapped the wires out of the way.

Not sure whats going on with yours though, do you have the heater wires wired in correctly? Double check the pins and that the o2 sensor isnt faulty.

Reactions: green-lantern
21 - 40 of 53 Posts