Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a person selling a 1st gen eclipse across the street from where I live. The sign says it's a '94 w/ 78K on it and he wants $3500. It's the GS model, so I guess it's not a turbo.

My questions are:
Is the GS model easy to modify or should I look for the turbo model?
Isn't a '94 a 2nd gen year? if so, the seller put the wrong year on the sign.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks Eric,

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
DJ_ERIC_P said:
There's a person selling a 1st gen eclipse across the street from where I live. The sign says it's a '94 w/ 78K on it and he wants $3500. It's the GS model, so I guess it's not a turbo.

My questions are:
Is the GS model easy to modify or should I look for the turbo model?
Isn't a '94 a 2nd gen year? if so, the seller put the wrong year on the sign.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks Eric,
check dsm.org for year/gen/model info.

i would pass...there isn't much hope for the non-turbo dsms's

~matt

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
LOL Keep shopping. I would never buy a neutered DSM. You'd be luck to get it out of the 16's. For that much you could easily find a turbo. I sold my 92 Talon TSi with less than 90k miles on it for $3300. 90-94 DSM's are 1st gen.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
94 is the last year of the 1st gens. $3500 is pretty ridiculous for a 94 non-turbo. I've run across MANY 1st gen turbo AWD for the same price range and they are MUCH more fun and MUCH cheaper to modify than probably any other turbo import on the market. If I was you I'd pass on that one.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
guess we made the same post at the same time....:D

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I think I'll pass on this one.

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
Id rather sell my vr4 but I would take around 5200 for my talon. Its got the big rod motor, awd, 5speed, 16G, new paint...etc, and lots of new parts. Its as fast as my vr4.

·
3SI CEO
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got any pics of it?

·
The gloves are now off
1,508 Posts
Unfortunately not. but if you want I could take some. (Id have to borrow a camera) Basically its red. lol. I had it paited all red. From the factory it was red with a black roof and wing. when i had it painted i had the roof and wing painted red as well as the entire car. Its has one of the best clearcoats you can buy (Global) just like my vr4. The color it is now is the perfect red, the factory red looked kinda orange. Its got the stock rims off a 97 GST, and its lowered with eibach prokit springs and it has new kyb struts. So it sits nice. Its not as low as my vr4 with intrax. The more i talk about it the less i wanna sell. lol. I should really take some pics, it looks great all red, has a much newer look to it.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
A 94 Eclipse GS <b>can</b> be a turbo. If it is, it's FWD. The FWD turbo did not have its own model designation (GS-T) until 95-99.

94's have the best transmission too.

The price is fair too - that's very low miles. Hell, if it was local, I'd buy it for myself!

·
Registered
341 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts