Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1st gen control arms on my 2nd gen!?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  CesareDj 
#1 · (Edited)
i was was just under my car today compareing the steering rack that i just bought to the one on my car. l also just ordered control arms because mine are pretty worn. while i was under there i noticed that the control arms have the first gen rear bushings. this leads me to believe the subframe was replace on my car at some point. since the 2nd gen control arms are on their way, and i already have the 2nd gen. rack, will i have to eat all of these parts i just bought and go out to fine new ones? looking at the diagram from the mitsu dealer, they both use the same mounting bolts, does this mean that they'll both bolt into the same subframe?

#2 ·
anyone have any input? i'm pretty sure the new control arm will bolt right into the same spot, it looks like the design of the bushing is the only thing that's different. however i need to be absolutley sure, because if it won't work i can refuse shipping on the package and it will go back rather than me haveing to pay to ship it back.

#3 ·
the bushing is diff betwee 1g and 2g?

#4 ·
You're talking about the bushing for the rear leg of the front a-arm, right? Yes, 1G and 2G bushings are very different. I do not think they are interchangeable because the shape of the retaining bracket that holds the rear of the a-arm is different. I can't be sure, however.

Clint

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.