Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Baka! Baka! Baka! Baka!
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, don't know if this has been posted or not, but didn't see anything on it in my quick search.

I just got the Mischief 3000 DVD and noticed there was a red 1st gen 3000GT in the Gumball 3000. Was that anyone on this board? Couldn't tell what trim level the 3KGT was because it looked to have aftermarket rims.

Did anyone want this ripped to DivX?

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
I believe it was red with a white stripe(s) down the middle, correct? It is a GTO brought from overseas specifically to race in the Gumball. I think that it was British if I remember correctly (or something along those lines).

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
i didn't hear that

i didn't hear anything about it, and only saw the DVD once, but from what I gathered in a couple seconds of it was that there was no active aero wing and it looked like a first gen SL...I'm definently guessing on that and maybe we are even talking about diff. cars.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,001 Posts
You talking about the 3000GT that was dragging against the Mustang? That's the only one I remember seeing, and it was night time so that didn't make it any easier to identify it...

And I already ripped it for myself when I'm too lazy to pop in the DvD. :D

·
Trader????
559 Posts
There was a shot of it in the teaser video pulling out from a garage or something. It was right behind a Mini with some hotties in it.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
It's red with some white stripes down the middle....a GTO from overseas (I think Britain).

Here are some pics of it at what I think is the shipping company that brought some of the cars from overseas:

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Re: that's the one!

VR-4Maniac said:
that's the one! good pics! I guess it does have an active aero wing, but I would think for all the trouble of importing it they could have slapped some aftermarket wheels on it.
Imported ONLY for this race. Same with the TVR, Skyling GTR and a few Ferraris in that load... Shipped back overseas after the race.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Re: wow!

VR-4Maniac said:

Some people have too much money!
Well, since the Gumball was in Europe the year before, some Europeans wanted to run in it while it was in the US. :)

·
Grrr, baby, grrr
6,119 Posts
Re: Re: wow!

Ruiner said:

Well, since the Gumball was in Europe the year before, some Europeans wanted to run in it while it was in the US. :)
Yeah, so they dont have to worry about their insurance premiums increasing from receiving tickets. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts