Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 80 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,058 Posts
what is the weight of the stock hood vs this hood?
do you have to use a special paint since it's going to flex?

·
deftracing.com
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I don't remember the stock weight off the top of my head, but i think it's about 65-70 pounds. I know I hate lifting it by myself. :)

Our hood comes out to about 20 pounds give or take a few. Most of our other hoods are 16-18 pounds, but the 3000GT hood is rather large.

It comes finished in CF and ready to install, but if you want to paint it, consult your painter as to the best paint to use. yes, a paint that flexes would be your best bet should you want to paint the CF.

·
I need more cars
2,360 Posts
Are any of your 1st gen hoods cowled at all? I think the heat in our engine bays is a neglected issue that kills performance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I like the 91, 92, 93 Mitsubishi 3000GT JN style Carbon Fiber CF Hood but I would like to see what it looks like on a 1st gen car, any luck?

·
Out of the 3/S game.
1,021 Posts
I just wanted to post back, i finally put my Red CF hood on today, and it looks SWEET. Weave is great, fitment is great, no huge gaps.... good stuff...

·
pseudo individualism
2,490 Posts
Do you have white cf?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
If you're wanting a CF hood with fantastic fitment, perfect weave and quick shipment, this is the hood for you. Amazing product. Thanks again deft spyder. :D

61 - 80 of 165 Posts