Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Lat 42 Performance
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it's time to formally post a group buy for Latitude 42 Motorsports' first product. They're just about finished and will be ready before Christmas.

Those who order a set beforehand get $50 off for a total price of $750 (I wish I could give a better discount but I'm operating at small margins).

A set includes:

2x Hella 90mm projector low beam modules
2x Hella 90mm free form Hi beam modules
4x Silvania H9 65w bulbs
4x H9 bulb connectors
Headlight brackets (.060, powdercoated)
12x Headlight adjusters
Fiberglass housing units
XL10 lexan lenses
stainless Mounting Hardware

If you want to back out that's fine, but please don't put your name on the list unless you really intend on buying a set.
I will not collect money until your set is ready to be shipped. Payment will be done through the storefront on my website.

There will be a detailed instructional video up before any sets are sold.

The tentative list:

1. UTRACER9 (RT/TT installation)
2. A. Jackson
3. M. Tuggle
4. C. Caswell
5. [email protected] – wants just lenses + brackets.

·
iowa corn fed
1,557 Posts
how much less weight are these than the stock 1g lights?

·
Apprentice Luthier
69 Posts
cool shiz

but as usual I would like to see pix of a finished workin product before commiting to anything
your "shopped" pic of what it should look like is cool an all

im sure if you had pix of finished product more people would be jumping on this

just a thought

·
Registered
2 Posts
add me to the list please (wanting it with lens end everything else) can't wait to see completed final picture of passenger side and driverside :)

·
Lat 42 Performance
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
how much less weight are these than the stock 1g lights?
The stockers are a little under 30lbs combined; these are around 10lbs together. 20lbs in weight savings in a front-heavy car is just an added bonus :)

Both sides in, not photoshopped. I still need to finish and paint the PS, but it's pretty close to finished. I'll be sure to post up finished pics when I get there.

1. UTRACER9 (RT/TT installation)
2. A. Jackson
3. M. Tuggle
4. C. Caswell
5. [email protected] – wants just lenses + brackets.
6. Stealth_e
7. zenstorm311

·
iowa corn fed
1,557 Posts
those are very good looking. grea way to update the 1g front ends. figure out how to get them to work on TT models yet? any idea if you could do carbon fiber?

·
Lat 42 Performance
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not really an issue of fitting them to the R/Ts. They'll fit if you do some cutting.

It's more a matter of how they'll look and how willing R/T guys are to hack up their turn signals.

·
iowa corn fed
1,557 Posts
well i have got a 3000gt vr4 do they fit fine on there?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Ive mentioned before i want a set. just need to find the cash. how much less would it be without the low beam bulbs (no reason not to run HIDs in these).

·
Lat 42 Performance
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ive mentioned before i want a set. just need to find the cash. how much less would it be without the low beam bulbs (no reason not to run HIDs in these).
Same price. The units come from Hella with bulbs. Cash is tight for almost everyone these days, just let me know when you're ready to buy and I'll give you the presale discount.

·
Lat 42 Performance
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ETA is the end of the month. The brackets should be ready in two weeks, and the first trimmed lens is supposed to come back to me Friday. Almost done!

It took a long time to find a metal shop that wasn't trying to rip me off (I'm 22), but I finally did it. They're going to be galvanized 16 gauge with a matte black powdercoat - And they're going to cost more than a grand less than the next lowest powdercoated quote.

·
Lat 42 Performance
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea very nice. Glad to see you pushed through with this. Sadly I wont hack up my snake eyes. :D
Haha, understandable. Just pass on the word if you see a "i hate my popups" or "99 conversion overplayed" thread. Nice sig pic. I don't blame you for not wanting to cut it up. The car looks really nice.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts