Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know some of you guys know stuff bout DSMs so I was hoping one of you could help me out. I was surfing the web today and ran across this ad for a 1990 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD w/ 77000 for $4800. I went to test drive it tonight and it was awesome!!! VERY CLEAN. The mileage is legit(checked carfax), it's a second owner, and it's never been modified(or so he states). He's going to let me borrow it for the day(leave my car there) and I'm going to bring it my mechanic to get it checked. IF everything checks out, is this a good price? Thanks guys!

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
That's average price for that condition around here. The mileage is particularly good so if you like the car, go for it!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John. I tried to pick it up this morning but I was 5 minutes later than expected and his wife left!!!:mad: I'll see it later on today then.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I bought my '91 for $4500. It was also very clean and well maintained. If you like it, go for it!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's weird... KBB lists it at 3775 for private seller. I guess these cars just sell for more than blue book. It's awesome though. New paint too.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

I test drove it today and it's awesome. The breaks need to be changed but that's about it. Is anyone here interested? If so, let me know. I'll forward you the 411. It looks like I'm not going to get it cause my parents refuse to insure it and I'm still under them to this day. :(.

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Blk_Gto said:
Hi guys,

I test drove it today and it's awesome. The breaks need to be changed but that's about it. Is anyone here interested? If so, let me know. I'll forward you the 411. It looks like I'm not going to get it cause my parents refuse to insure it and I'm still under them to this day. :(.
come on steve.. indepence!!! call a few insurance companies/agents... see what kinda rates u get under ur own name... its not as bad as u think.. just dont use the BIG insurance companies... they are usually a lot more expensive...

i told ya my Jeep was only $150 / yr (liability only) as a 2nd car right?? :D and my driving records sux~

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. My record is shit right now and that's the main reason I'm still under them. AAA has been wanting me out for years :D

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
AAA is only cheap if ur clean and old... u should try some insurance agents.. they have a huge database to find u the lowest quotes...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know. I kinda enjoy not having to pay insurance. :D I might head down to Turbonetics in LA and see what they can do for me instead w/ the money.

Seriously. AAA always calls my parents telling them their insurance would be lower if they booted me off. Bastards. :mad:

What's up w/ the dog G?

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
ahhh... got mommy paying the bills... hehehe.. its all good~

State Farm literally boot me off the family plan...

U dont like my dog? I just got sick of looking at my girl everytime I post... change of scenery... :D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey man... I'm trying to save up for a house and every penny counts... :)

I like your dog. It looks like someone had a little too much Taco Bell.

You want to hear something funny?

My cousin has to bring his co-worker to the emergency room for something. Well, in front of them is a lady that has food poisoning. He overheard their conversation and it goes something like this:

Nurse: Did you have Taco Bell today?
Lady: No....
Nurse: Did you have Jack in the Box today?
Lady: No... Are you kidding? Why are you asking me these questions?
Nurse: Well, we get many cases of food poisoning from these two.

Anyone want a chalupa :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts