Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.carramrod.com/stealth
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1g talon and a 94 stealth. I dont drive the talon, and I was wonderiong If I could just pull the bov AND pipe off the talon and put it on the stealth. Will this just bolt up? Or do I need to buy an adapter. Thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts
1st GEN DSM BOV

boostedzx,
The 1st GEN BOV is a great, inexpensive and performance minded modification.

My 1st GEN BOV is modded to handle around 22-24PSI (crushed mod) and it has been modded to allow 100% of piston travel (drill tap mod on side). I highly doubt that I will ever get my VR-4 to anywhere near those boost levels, but what the hell-can't hurt.

I have had aftermarket BOV's and besides the noise, I don't see any advantage. And to be honest, I had a Type S (GReddy) and really didn't like it (too much adjustments...I keep hearing it blow off either too early/leaking or not early enough/compressor surge danger). I know that others wil argue with me, this is just my $0.02.

By the way, you can get flanges at Buschur Racing or Road Race Engineering. (for the best service....go to Buschur...trust me on that one...) OR you could get on made at a local welding shop. It's not that difficult! And make sure you get a GASKET!!!!

Good luck!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts