Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It may be time... I rarely drive the car anymore, and I feel it should go to someone who enjoys driving it as much as I enjoyed building it. I drive it maybe 50 miles per year and just enough to keep it in excellent running condition.

These pictures are a bit older, but the exterior looks the same as it did then.

Full build and photo album can be seen here:
https://19993000gtvr4.shutterfly.com/pictures

Dyno charts attached, this car runs on the street with a high/low boost switch 18/24psi. At ~17.5psi the car has ~660 awhp and is capable of over 900 AWHP if the boost is turned up. The car has a very large single turbo and spools faster than some large twins that are out there. The power band is from 4000-8600 RPMs and has gobs of power under the chart. It spools smoothly and the power comes on much more linearly with the spool valve. It is definitely not an off/on switch, and can be driven on the street without a problem.

Currently the vehicle is registered as a collector vehicle. I'm not sure if it's transferrable, but it means you do not have to smog/e-check the car anymore.

The pictures are during the buildup and several things have changed since, including removal of the a-pillar pods, new gauge cluster, etc...mostly all inside the car. I have added several more mods outside of the car, and hopefully the list below will cover most of them.

Engine
-3.0L V6 Fully built
-Ross Racing Pistons (coated) 8.5:1 CR
-Pauter X Beam Rods
-ARP hardware top and bottom
-Ported & Polished Stage III heads
-Oversized valves +1 Intake/Exhaust Ferrera Super Alloy / Upgraded Springs (3sx) / Ti Retainers
-Hardweld Race Cams
-Fidanza Adj Cam Gears
-Crank custom modified for better oiling, balanced to 9k
-PWR Kevlar Upgraded timing belt (blue)
-Custom built stainless equal length headers (with stainless v-band connections, laser welded collectors)
-Custom built 4" stainless exhaust with Burns lightweight race muffler
-All exhaust tubing uses stainless v-band clamps throughout
-Custom built FMIC/ 3.5" Polished Aluminum IC piping
-Wiggins clamp to hold the IC piping to the TB
-Billet 90mm throttle body
-Custom built Plenum, length and volume tuned for higher rpms
-Canton Accusump pre-lube and protection system
-Canton billet oil filter
-Setrab upgraded oil filter and stainless lines to all oiling components
-Turbowerx Exapump oil scavenge pump
-Billet oil pump gears
-6 individual EXT temp sensors, plus one post turbine
-Always run on Amsoil synthetic engine oil (currently 10w40)
-Used oil analysis reports all show clean
-Aluminum aftermarket radiator (thicker) with two 3000cfm fans (total 6000cfm cooling)
-Stainless vac lines and catch cans attached
-Billet IAC relocation block
-Solid motor mounts
-Oil scraper
-Tial 44mm wastegate
-Tial BOV

Fuel/Ignition
-AEM EMS Standalone
-1600cc Bosch injectors
-3x Walbro 255HP pumps modified for high pressure
-Stainless steel braided lines all over
-Stainless 10 micron fuel filter (for ethanol based fuels)
-Aeromotive FPR
-MSD multi-spark ignition box
-Coil On Plug ignition system
-Denso Iridium plugs
-Runs on E85/E100 or Gasoline

Turbo/Power Adders
-Garrett GT4202R Dual Ball Bearing 102mm exducer
-Direct port NX nitrous kit, 75/125 shots available (never used)
-Spool valve (full spool around 4200 RPM)

Driveline
-RPS dual Carbon/Carbon clutch
-Custom slave cylinder to provide better pedal pressure
-Transmission built and powder coated
-Billet LSD
-Billet shift forks
-300M output shaft
-Reinforced bell housing
-MR final drive gear (shorter gears/faster acceleration)
-PST 1 piece CF driveshaft
-5 Speed rear diff (to match MR gears), rear steering deleted
-300m rear axle shafts
-SSR GT1 wheels
-BFG Drag Radials
-ABS removed (I still have all the parts) and new custom bent hard lines replaced the stock lines
-Stainless brake lines
-Redline fluids all around since I've had it
-Lowered
-Adjustable rear control arms

Interior
-Mostly stock interior (seats/floor/etc)
-Apexi EL2 gauges (3 in stock location, 3 in radio DIN area) (FP, OP, Boost, Water Temp, Oil Temp, Ext Temp)
-Blue indigo dash cluster gauge faces to match the Apexi EL2's (blue on black)
-HKS turbo timer

Exterior
-Carbon Fiber Hood
-Gas struts
-Stock paint, excellent condition
-Mirror tint on the side and rear glass
-Black on Black car

I'm sure I'm missing a lot of parts on here as this is just from memory. You may see more in the pictures of the buildup. Feel free to ask about them.

I also have a lot of the stock parts to replace some of the performance parts, just in case I ever wanted to switch some things back.

The engine/transmission/driveline/etc was fully built and there is about 1k miles on all of the parts (I can get an accurate number later if needed). I bought the car from Hawaii with ~16k miles on it, and have put < 4k miles on the car. It has NEVER been driven in the snow, and is not driven in the rain. There is not a spot of rust on the entire car. This has been kept on a lift in my garage and covered.

Dyno runs attached, you can see how crazy it would have been on the 28psi aborted run, almost 650 AWHP by 5000 RPM.

SERIOUS buyers only. I am not desperate and would love to keep it, I just feel I am not doing it justice keeping it garaged up. This car runs like a dream and is SCARY fast. I have plenty of videos/pictures/charts/etc for those who are seriously interested.

Thanks,

Chris

Attachments

·
ATL
7,617 Posts
Knew this car has been hiding in Ohio crazy to see it up for sale. I hope you get what you're asking, cuz it's a good deal on a hell of a car!!

·
Resident Street Racer
5,605 Posts
blast from the past...

wow...crazy build. Haven't seen anything like that for a long time. How long did it take you to build? and why haven't you driven it since building it???????????

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
What turbos?
Very, very large single turbo.

Knew this car has been hiding in Ohio crazy to see it up for sale. I hope you get what you're asking, cuz it's a good deal on a hell of a car!!
Thanks, appreciate it. Pass it around if you don't mind. I live ~45 mins south of Cleveland and really never take it on long trips. Mainly deserted roads where I can play with it a bit ;)

blast from the past...

wow...crazy build. Haven't seen anything like that for a long time. How long did it take you to build? and why haven't you driven it since building it???????????
It took approx. 6 months to build with the pictures you see there. Since the build I have been adding parts here and there like the radiator and 300m axles once they were available. I bought it back in 2004, did a bolt on build, then went crazy in 2009.

No expense was spared. I am a perfectionist and I made sure everything I did was done the correct way. Parts were polished and powder coated that would never see the light of day after they were installed.

I drive it, just not that often. I ALWAYS make sure it gets enough miles on the engine to keep it lubricated (plus the accusump helps here too) as well as making sure it isn't dry rotting. Priorities have just shifted over the years and I am so protective of it I hate to put more miles on it....it sounds aweful doesn't it :)

got any videos? Must sound sweet with that single turbo setup...
Let me see what I can upload to youtube....I have a few dyno vids and I got a really nice camera now, so I can probably get some 1080p of it starting/running/driving/spoolup.

From behind, you can definitely tell it has some cams in it, but it is fairly quiet. When you get on it, it sounds like a F1 car as you get near the current 8600 redline (I rarely take it there as I hate to beat on it). You can hear it from about a half a mile away when you're stepping on it.

The turbo sounds like a typical single turbo spooling you hear on youtube. It definitely sounds like a jet engine starting up. Inside the car with the windows up it's not too loud though.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
nice bro.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,239 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bob. :)

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bob. :)
Hahaha, I was wondering when you would notice :)

Who knows, not much interest at this point. Don't mind keeping it, but it would make a nice down payment on a vacation home.

If anyone wants to trade for a condo on the beach in FL, let me know :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
You would of sold it faster if you left it stock or close to it.I would of bought it.I looked for a black 1 before buying the red 99 I just got.

·
3SWiki.org
9,720 Posts
Really hope this goes to another good home! She's amazing.

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You would of sold it faster if you left it stock or close to it.I would of bought it.I looked for a black 1 before buying the red 99 I just got.
What fun would that have been ;) ? 320 engine HP vs close to a 1000 AWHP? You can't even tell it's modified sans the exhaust from the outside. I have most of the stock parts anyway, so it could be converted back. Everything I have done is reversible, but I'm def not pulling it apart now.

Yea it's a beautiful beast but your going to need to find a 3s enthusiast with lots of cash which is even more rare than your car lol.
Yep, takes a special person. That's why I'm not worried if it doesn't sell, I have no qualms keeping it...I just feel like I could better use the money elsewhere. I don't mind having the car around though :)

Can it pass smog? Because I can't afford one of those "special" smogs.....
Yes, just needs a catalytic converter installed. I don't have it on because I don't have to pass emissions here with the collectors plates. I have thought about it though, just never needed to.

Happy birthday, you're only 1 day younger than me hehe

1 - 20 of 52 Posts