Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 TT, and I would like to do the 1999 front end mod. Are the dimensions the same? Will I have to buy anything to accompany it besides the hood? Thanks.

·
TT AWD
673 Posts

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Bumper, headlights, hood, and I think fenders.

·
Registered
112 Posts
you need the HOOD, BUMPER, lights, turn signals, and the bumper garnish(if you want) and you need to midify the crash support. you DONT need the fenders

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
mrsunshine said:
you need the HOOD, BUMPER, lights, turn signals, and the bumper garnish(if you want) and you need to midify the crash support. you DONT need the fenders
I was thinking for some reason that the headlights and turn signals were one unit. :eek:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not to bash 3SX but check your local dealer for prices. Depending on where you live shipping will probably be a bitch. I'm sure 3SX probably gets a good deal on the parts though.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
you dont need to modify the crash bar since they are the same on all years. You do have to cut the front of the light buckets out to get the new ones to fit. The best price on stuff would probably be Conicelli @ www.partznet.com I did the conversion w/o the hood for ~$1200 and that was w/ shipping. If I was you I would get a CF or aftermarket hood if you have to buy one anyways since you can get some now for about the same price as a stock new one....

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
I have a 1st generation VR-4. And from my experience, the 1991-1993 will cost more to do the 1999 conversion. I had to buy all the support brackets and all the little things for the bumper.

METRZAN,

Did you have to buy just the bumper?? Or did you have to buy the mounting brackets and all that too?

Thanks,
Trung

·
Registered
767 Posts
This is kind of off topic, but, I saw a figure that said there were only 45 '99 VR-4's made. Is this total, or just the amount delivered to the US. If it is total, how many were delivered to the states?

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
vr4_rider said:
I have a 1st generation VR-4. And from my experience, the 1991-1993 will cost more to do the 1999 conversion. I had to buy all the support brackets and all the little things for the bumper.

METRZAN,

Did you have to buy just the bumper?? Or did you have to buy the mounting brackets and all that too?

Thanks,
Trung
My car is a 95 so I didnt have to do anything that you guys do, but I did follow the guy that I sold my old stuff to, and also helped a friend out that did the conversion. And what do you mean "all the lil things for the bumper"???

·
USMC
5,882 Posts
http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102483&highlight=conversion

I bought all these parts:

front Protector retainer MB935109 price $9.50
Bumper Center Retainer MB935107 price $29.40
rear bumper retainer MB935458 price $2.99
lower protector MR447764 price $54.37
Upper Corner Shield left MR384003 price $14.77
Upper Corner Shield right MR384004 price $14.77
Lower Corner shield left MR384005 price $9.14
Lower Corner shield right MR384006 price $9.14
Corner Shield Lower Bracket Left MR384023 price $4.36
Corner Shield Lower Bracket Right MR384024 price $4.36
Brace Left MB640488 price $11.20
Brace Right MB640487 price $11.20

Did I need to do that??

Thanks,
Trung

P.S- Keep in mind I have a 1993.

·
Me Tarzan..u Jane
4,002 Posts
yeah you would have had to get those things, I was able to reuse those things from my stock bumper...

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Ikestaa said:
This is kind of off topic, but, I saw a figure that said there were only 45 '99 VR-4's made. Is this total, or just the amount delivered to the US. If it is total, how many were delivered to the states?
That was aprox. how many were sold in the US during the 1999 sales year.

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
is there a link

is there a link to everything a first gen owner would need to buy in order to do a 99 conversion? id love to see the final tally, the 99 front end isn't my style, its not like me to spend all that money to not go any faster, but it looks sooooo good!

·
No longer a 3/S owner.
3,402 Posts
link

so do we have a link available someone could post to all the parts/numbers/prices, or any of those for the 1st gen cars that we would need? I've got the reverse panel and sail panels bought, so the front is almost all I've got left....but I don't know if I could convince myself of that combat wing!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.