Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met up with some friends locally in town. One asked if he could race me to see how I would do. (He was riding with the guy in the '98 Cobra that I beat the hell out of a while back.)

From what I understand, he has a VERY built motor. Headers, exhaust, cams, intake, port/polish, other bolt ons, everything. The 5.0 engine takes mods VERY well. The engine is actually getting a 250 shot of nitrous this weekend; that's how built it is.

I figure that I am going to get my ass kicked, but I agree to run anyway. It's all for fun. We jump on the interstate and go from a 40mph roll each time...

1st run: 40mph roll...punch, go...shift...I miss 3rd. :( Doesn't happen too me often, but it happens. I flash my lights and he slows down.

2nd run: 40mph roll...punch, shift, even even even...car crosses 3 lanes and decides to get in front of us. We slow down. No winner/loser.

3rd run: 40mph roll...punch, headlights almost even, shift, his headlights are at my passenger door...even even even ... 80mph...even, 100mph...even,120mph...even. He and I back off (no use in going any faster on the interstate). Dead even, although I *might* have pulled a few feet on him, seriously. A few feet...

He had 3.55 gears and dynoed well over 350rwhp from what I understand. That motor was a beast. Built to hell and ready for the nitrous kit to be added this weekend. He trapped in the 109-110mph range granny shifting the last time that he went to the track. I was VERY happy because that means that I can trap at around that speed in the cold weather as well (I was hitting 107mph traps @ 15psi on a 92deg day with 100+deg track temps).

Great runs for two VERY close cars. I shit you not, it was DEAD EVEN. :)

V

·
0 Posts
Damn Ruiner,you have one STRONG beast!!:cool:
Congrats man.Everytime I read your post,I'm happy :D
Viva 3/S!!

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
Nice!!! You need to get some vids!:cool:

·
465awhp
1,632 Posts
Ruiner,

Sound like lots of fun. Lucky there aren't any cops.

Black94VR4

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
well atleast you two got a few good even runs in. After he gets his 250 shot it won't be so close anymore :(

·
Member 0564
1,915 Posts
VR4-Fans said:

To make it fair,Ruiner can get 250 shot as well if he wants...:D
LOL from what i see on this board ruiner wins most of his races anyway, a 250 shot would almost seem unfair :D

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
Ruiner's car is unfair.........heh, well to us in N/As anyways. BUt that's ok, Ruiner knows I'll have something for him next year in Charlote ;)

But anyways, nice run. I dunno if it was a kill or what, but that would have been sweet. Just running like that and him being right beside you. What a rush.

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FireStormTT said:

LOL from what i see on this board ruiner wins most of his races anyway, a 250 shot would almost seem unfair :D
He is going to kick my ass the next time that we race... Actually, he said that once he gets his 250 shot, he won't do much street racing anymore. Not worth the risk of fishtailing, he said. Still, though, that is a fast car...

A

·
0 Posts
I don't want to sound like I'm hacking on you, Ruiner. But I think that guy needs to re-think his "build" of his engine. If he actually had "well over 350rwhp" in a car as light as the foxbody he should really be moving. I've seen timeslips of those cars pushing that kind of power dipping into the high 11's. Did he actually dyno it or is he just speculating?

Run him again and rub it in. :)

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ahroun said:
I don't want to sound like I'm hacking on you, Ruiner. But I think that guy needs to re-think his "build" of his engine. If he actually had "well over 350rwhp" in a car as light as the foxbody he should really be moving. I've seen timeslips of those cars pushing that kind of power dipping into the high 11's. Did he actually dyno it or is he just speculating?

Run him again and rub it in. :)
I am just going on what he said...

All of my stories are exactly how they happened. If he lied, I can't help that.

·
This space for rent.
3,009 Posts
Good run B.

Love the neck and neck runs . . .

Was he surprised that he didnt pull you ? I'd be curious to the outcome from a slow roll, like from 10/20 mph . . .

Much difference in feel now that you have the DP and the open cats ?

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
38 Cigarette said:

Was he surprised that he didnt pull you ? I'd be curious to the outcome from a slow roll, like from 10/20 mph . . .

Much difference in feel now that you have the DP and the open cats ?
From a stop I would have eaten him alive because of the traction issues. We both knew it, so there was no kidding anyone.

As for the dowpipe and cats, I can tell a huge difference. Not so much horsepower, but MUCH quicker turbo response. The turbos spool SO much faster. You just have to experience it to understand what I am talking about. Plus, the sound from the exhaust is much deeper as well.

A

·
0 Posts
Ruiner said:

I am just going on what he said...

All of my stories are exactly how they happened. If he lied, I can't help that.
I understand that. I didn't really want to call him a <i>liar</i> cause I thought he was a buddy of yours. And just so you know, I don't think <i>you</i> are a liar, I just think some "car guys" talk too much and he might be one of those guys. :) Good run!

·
Got Boost?
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ahroun said:

I understand that. I didn't really want to call him a <i>liar</i> cause I thought he was a buddy of yours. And just so you know, I don't think <i>you</i> are a liar, I just think some "car guys" talk too much and he might be one of those guys. :) Good run!
Well, since I don't have a dyno, I can't tell what my horsepower numbers are ...however. I do know that he was pulling traps at around 109-110mph range while granny shifting... I was pulling 107mph traps with 100deg track side temps. So, yeah, I think that I can hit 110mph traps +/- on my current setup in the cooler weather.

It will take more than 300awhp for a VR-4 to do that. Maybe my car is a freak of nature, who knows (Hell, I have outrun a 2001 SS 6spd and a 2002 WS6 auto by about 4 cars from a roll.)... I know that both of them had free mods and both were putting down over 310-315rwhp at the minimum...

I am just trying to figure out how my car is able to do what it is able to do against these cars with good rear wheel horsepower... *shrug* I figure that he is putting down 340-360rwhp (he had a system in it as well to add weight). He said that he ran mid 12s at the track, before. Dunno how much weight that carries, but who knows...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts