Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinctly_Dave
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots of work done to get this car in really nice shape! New paint with mirror finish, timing belt, timing tensioner, water pump just changed. Updated big bore lifters. New struts all the way around. Interior in nice shape. Factory computer for top replaced with strait forward switches to control top. No need to diagnose micro switches and 25 year old computer. Lots of images and info RaeganRacing. Send me PM for info. Car is near Cleveland Ohio.

Dave

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can I ask what you did to fix the top? I've never heard of someone replacing the top computer and switches before. What did you use? How does it work now? Thanks!

·
Distinctly_Dave
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the computer went bad. I purchased Qty 5 20 amp switches, then ran power to them all through a fuse. There are two latches (Trunk & Roof), two motors for each, and the quarter windows. You can see the switches mounted in a 3d printed enclosure on my website where the car is for sale. RaeganRacing - Hard Top Controls

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,728 Posts
Expensive, but I think I would have gone this route.....

Bob.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting and original! It's good to know ingenuity will keep these cars running after parts are gone! Thanks for the info...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts