Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1996 3000GT Spyder VR-4 that was involved in a front-end accident a number of years ago. Car has been sitting in my garage. Only has 16,047 miles. Needs numerous front end parts (e.g., headlamp assemblies, fog lamp assembly, hood panel, bumper cover, radiator, AC condenser, AC fan assembly air bag sensors, amongst others. I have found both airbags and the control module. Trying to decide whether to repair or sell as is. Engine looks fine. Body other from fenders back fine. Hard top convertible top works fine. New tires.
Need advice on whether the numerous parts needed can be found...or whether I should just part ways with the car totally.

Flasher
The front end should be super easy to find. No difference between spyder and non-spyder on the A/C and body stuff.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know if parts from only years 1995-1996 will fit the 1996 Spyder or pretty much anything between 1994 and 1997? Thx.

Keep'n 'em spooled
The fog light mounting brackets for 94-96 are different from 97-98 and 99. Bumper covers for 94-96 are different from 97-98, but 97-98 covers will fit on your car. Hoods are the same from 94-99. I believe all other parts you listed are the same from 94-98.

?Mark
I own a 1996 3000GT Spyder VR-4 that was involved in a front-end accident a number of years ago. Car has been sitting in my garage. Only has 16,047 miles. Needs numerous front end parts (e.g., headlamp assemblies, fog lamp assembly, hood panel, bumper cover, radiator, AC condenser, AC fan assembly air bag sensors, amongst others. I have found both airbags and the control module. Trying to decide whether to repair or sell as is. Engine looks fine. Body other from fenders back fine. Hard top convertible top works fine. New tires.
Need advice on whether the numerous parts needed can be found...or whether I should just part ways with the car totally.
what color and location please.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glacier white pearl. Car is in Kittery Point, Maine, about an hour north of Boston.

Registered
Front end is pretty much interchangeable as others said, shouldn't be a "issue" to find parts for it. I say issue, because it's just as hard as any other second gen between 94-96(not impossible, just takes a bit of time, look around, people part them out from time to time). Pretty sure if the Spyder had even more unique parts, we'd all be crying right now....more, crying more.

If it's just body damage and some front end replacement, and not frame, I defiantly say it's worth it to fix it, with that low of miles on it. Don't part it out, while many would love to get there hands on it, if it's savable I recommend it, they're so uncommon now, it'd be a shame to see another gone. Even if the title is wrecked or salvaged, don't give into the temptation.

Now obviously if you can't afford to rebuild it, yea please try to find it a good home, someone that'll do good with it.

Premium Member
My advice would be to buy a 2g parts car locally. Scavenge what you need, sell or scrap the rest. You'll get nickel and dimed w/ shipping trying to replace every part, nut and bolt in the process of restoring it to original condition. Matching pearl white will be difficult unless you find a good body shop. If you're lucky you'll find a parts car with the same paint code.

Reactions: Turbo Powered

Registered
Definitely worth fixing. A rebuilt 96 spyder LHD AWD was listed at $13,900 last year with a stealth front end and 123,000 miles. It actually looked really good. Just posting this so you have an idea of what a salvage title spyder can fetch .I would guess that a restored, clean title spyder with your mileage would be over $40,000. also any reputable body shop estimator will come to your house and give a free estimate .They deal with outsourcing body parts from salvage yards all the time .Posted that in case you do not have the time or the skills to do it yourself.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do have a detailed estimate, part by part...I have been trying to find the individual parts without much success. The advice seems to be to find a decent car (with luck glacier white) and hand both over to a body shop...or let the body shop do the search. I have the time but not the skills to do any of the mechanical or body work required to get it back in shape.

Registered
Try contacting bassrr94, you can find his contact # if you scroll down on parts wanted, prefers to be texted. He has a few contacts for parts He is from middletown CT. There is also Hans Ertl from ground zero performance/ 3swharehouse in Easton PA. He had (HAS?) a very large salvage yard for 3s cars, and claims to rebuild these cars for a living. hopes this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts