Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to this very hot chick at the races a few months back. She had a 2000 Convertible S-281 NA. Anyways, I said: Hey that should run around 14flat, do you want to race for the fun of it? Her hilarious response was: "This thing runs 12s from the factory"

I checked the entire car out and it was a BONE STOCK S-281. Anyways because she was cute and drove a sweet car I let the ignorant comment go and went on my way. Now I was thinking......Would this have been a good war story? Assuming clean shifts how do you think it would have gone, I saw her launch from a light when leaving and she SSSPPPUUUNNN so don't know how good a driver she actually is.

1994 Eclipse GST vs. 2000 Saleen S-281 NA
-intake
-NO exhaust
[email protected]
-mandrel bent 2.5 DP

·
Registered
200 Posts
S-281's are nice cars but there is no way she runs 12's from the factory in an N/A. If she was an excellent drive she could have hit high 13's i.e. 13.9, and thats if she was an excellent driver.

·
Cams: Where less is more
978 Posts
iirc, its just a regular GT with body stuff,exhaust, and pullies

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Loki said:

You are so full of shit!

Hmm....I wonder what happened to the rest of my post. Anyway, I stated that Saleen's own website gave performance numbers for the Saleen S-281--the 1/4 was a [email protected] is with a good driver. The convertible is not going to pull times like that;)

:ak47: :ak: :uzi: LOKI :shoot4: :shoot2: :shoot6: :shoot3: :shoot5: :shoot7:

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
The SC-281 will run a mid-low 13 @ around 105MPH. They are real close to stock LS1's. The NA S-281 is just a little quicker then regular GT's.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well Powel what do you think man? I think I might have been able to take her.

270bhp (I think for the NAS281)
260bhp (approx for my GST)

I beat a StealthTT from a roll 10-85 by a car. Also lost 4 races against him too though.....stop and roll.

Oh well guess Im by myself thinking I could have taken her.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
It's a drivers race. You will more than likely win.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.