Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to call out warzone already i'm essentially doing this build because of him.
So heres the car when i first bought it.

3000gt.10.jpg 3000gt interior.jpg

At this part i was just trying to catch up with the maintenance.
Did the 120k cam seals, front crank seal, Timing belt, idler pullies etc etc..

First mod was a cai and trying to clean up the engine bay a bit

3000gt.9.jpg

Clutch went out so picked up an exedy stage 1 clutch, Competition clutch 14lbs chromoly flywheel, Did the clutch damper delete, Ran a braided clutch line,
Then half way through putting it back together decided screw it and did the vr4 front end conversion,install coilovers,drilled rotors, ceramic pads, braided brake lines from 3sx, motul brake fluid. And replaced the control bushings with poly. Honestly just because cost a ton and a took a long time to source the parts. No idea why i went with red on the trans but steam cleaned it sanded ti down and painted it because it was getting corroded and thought why not? Im in AZ with no garage so doing anything sucks balls in 120 weather
red trans.jpg vr4 conversion.jpg

sl brake line and coilover.jpg vr4 conversion 2.jpg

After all this installed the new wheels i bought before the clutch went out and i made a mid build decision to do a conversion so of course i needed spacers to make the wheels fit with the Stealth TT calipers.

brake clearance.jpg 3000gt wheels.jpg

Then went and had a 2.5in single exit exhaust made
70433169_10220812723046801_1903114633221242880_o.jpg

Currently doing headers, IMR intake plenum, q45 TB, and 3.5in Cai to adjust for the new TB.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on the Headers,wideband,chrome ecu, IMR intake plenum and 90mm Q45 tb

Would be done with it already if my intake manifold would get here soon. Should be this week. Then will be headed for a tune for now. Then ill sit down and learn Chrome. Have the software and tactrix cable w.adapter for the tune. Wideband is wired into the ecu. Just need the manifold to finish
3000gt header.1.jpg 3000gt header.2.jpg
q45 tb.jpg
chrome ecu.jpg

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looking good! I am not familiar with the intake or TB you mentioned. I guess I will need to do some digging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yea got more pics. Im not familiar with the intake manifold either. IMR is having to fabricate a 1-off intake manifold due to a website issue and the one they were selling wasn't the one i bought so they took down my specs like q45 flange in oem location, Short runners, Circular surge tank, Its supposed to be very similar to the dynamic racing one.

Took her to the IFO in chandler. Didnt expect to win anything i enter the competition just to be involved.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So heres the main body of the new CAI im going to fab up for the TB

And an OMP wheel i picked up at the IFO that i'm installing for the hell of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Figured id drop an update and a pic.Installed the intake manifold and the 90mm TB a while back and It was totally worth the wait. Only slight problem is i have traction issues all over the place now. With the solid engine mounts and the abrupt response it does beat you up a bit on take off. Its a riot. Now on to the next mod. Im able to grab either some BC cams and get the head build done (Cams,Gears,uodated lifters,3sx Hi-rev springs and retainers,P&P,+1mm oversized valves) or grab a Quaife lsd. Nothings been bought yet. Suggestions on whether to go for cams or the lsd? Both will ultimately be done just a matter of which one to do first.

Picked up a set of evo 10 wheels as well. And recently fitted new tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got some in-process pics as well.
Wideband install, OMP wheel in, Widebands plugged into the Chrome ecu and re-scaled the sensor.

. short drive video right after the install.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another update. Collecting parts for the top-end build. BC Cams, Springs/retainers, Adjustable cam gears, Ferrea +1mm valves, new valve seals and a P&P. Starting with Bc Stage 2+ cams and their chromoly springs/retainers @93 lbs seat pressure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts