Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for active exhaust for a 1993 VR4.Located in the Providence RI area will pay for shipping.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
if you still have your stock exhaust you can drill a small hole to fit a wd/40 straw to spray the butterfly inside the exhaust and then plug the hole with a tiny machine screw. that will free it up an d keep it working like new

·
Money pit owner.
2,566 Posts
there was/is a guy on the book of faces selling a stock system for $100 (?), but he refuses to ship. You may want to check there and see how far it is from you.

I managed to pick up a used active exhaust muffler a few years ago, but the butterfly is really sticking, i will have to try tigger's suggestion.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think this is what gawdzinner is talking about: Shawn Crowley

The mounting tab for the actuator cable appears to be broken off, and the valve appears to not be in its normal resting position, so it may be stuck open?

edit: nevermind on the broken tab (I think). I think it's just the angle of the picture confusing me.

·
Money pit owner.
2,566 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I have a good valve section cut out of a AA Exhaust collecting dust, also have a motor and computer for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a good valve section cut out of a AA Exhaust collecting dust, also have a motor and computer for it.
Hey Warzone
I have the muffler and tailpipes lm missing the tap that the cable connects to and that is connected to the internal valve.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Warzone
I have the muffler and tailpipes lm missing the tap that the cable connects to and that is connected to the internal valve.
When I bought the car it didn't have the stock exhaust. It has the computer, motor and the cable still on the car but im not sure if everything works.I would be interested in buying what you have for the exhaust system if its all in working order. Let me know.
Thanks Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts