Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drew and I are getting ready to part out his car. It should be here by Thanksgiving and the motor will be ready to ship within 2-3 weeks of arrival.

The details on the motor are:

-Rebuilt less than 10,000 miles ago by local mechanic (I believe Drew has receipts for this)
-Forged Steel 2nd gen crank
-New rods
-New oil pump, water pump, etc. during rebuild
-AAM just put on a new timing belt and ignition system

Drew is getting a 97 VR4 so we are parting out all of the stock parts from his 92 VR4. He is keeping all the performance mods for the 97 VR4.

We can sell it a few differnet ways. Here are the options:

1. Bare Longblock: Includes block, heads, oil pan, valve covers. Timing belt will remain installed as well as any required part for the timing belt (water pump, oil pump, pulleys, etc.) Would make a perfect replacement motor for your 91-93 R/T TT or VR4

$2,500 + shipping

2. Complete Longblock: Includes everything option 1 has plus exhaust manifolds (no turbos), lower intake manifold, upper intake plenum, AC condenser, Alternator, coolant distribution thingy and coolant fill neck. Almost complete NA to TT package for those of you that have already started the process

$3,000 + shipping

3. Complete NA to TT Conversion: Includes everything option 2 has plus oil cooler and hoses, wiring harness w/ ECU, ignition system (new- just installed by AAM), fuel rails and injectors, plug wires, spark plugs, all required solenoids (boost, fuel pressure, and egr- all mounted on bracket), stock intercoolers and piping, MAS, piping from MAS to turbos, stock BOV, stock flywheel. All you need is some stock intercooler piping, a set of stock injectors, and some turbos and its a complete NA to TT coversion w/ under 10,000 miles.

$3,500 + shipping

I paid $4,150 + tax + shipping for my complete motor w/ ECU and wiring harness from A 2 Z engine exchange and it had 33,000 miles on it. It also spun a bearing within 1,000 miles.:rolleyes:

If you are curious about what parts are included or if you think I may have left something out, feel free to email me at: [email protected]

If you are interested, I will start a list and when the motor is ready to ship, Drew and I will go down the list and see who is ready to pay up. You can make offers but please don't lowball. If you think the price is too high, shoot me an email and we can discuss it further.

If you would like to arrange local pickup, that is fine. You can come pick it up where I work (5 minutes off I-95.) I have a hoist at work so I can load it up for you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
how much for the whole car??

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tranny has under 50,000 miles and will also be available. Shoot me an offer. [email protected]

We will not be selling the car as a whole. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Man I would be interested in the bare long block but I don't have that much now.

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have the transfer case as well.

Blue69K: I'll add you to the list and in a few weeks when the motor is pulled and ready to go, I'll send you an email.

·
Registered
1994 3000GT VR4 - 1999 Lexus SC400
770 Posts
Ok, im in a little of a dilemma, my tranny went and so did my transfer case...my car is a 92 vr4.....the tranny shop is saying my transfer case is a 25 spline case...that doesnt make sense though right? i thot 92 came with 18 spline, anyway, what should i be getting then, a 6 speed tranny with a 25 transfer case? or a 5 spd with a 25 or a 18? what do i need to change in order to change transfer cases? the driveshaft? Thanks

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
ShaWTiMe:

25 spline output shafts are supposed to be stronger. 5spd transfers and 6spd transfers are not interchanagble with each other's transmissions

If you want to swap for a 6spd setup, you need to change trannies, transfer cases, and rear end differentials. You CAN also swap out shifter cables and the upper radiator hose, but I think those two things can be modified instead.

I also sent you an email.

Ron

ShaWTiMe said:
Ok, im in a little of a dilemma, my tranny went and so did my transfer case...my car is a 92 vr4.....the tranny shop is saying my transfer case is a 25 spline case...that doesnt make sense though right? i thot 92 came with 18 spline, anyway, what should i be getting then, a 6 speed tranny with a 25 transfer case? or a 5 spd with a 25 or a 18? what do i need to change in order to change transfer cases? the driveshaft? Thanks

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
For #3, add a set of stock 360cc injectors and stock intercooler piping to the deal.
Transfer case is 18 spline I'm almost positive since it is early 92, but it is still complete.

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You still have your stock injectors and piping? Well, all the better. I didn't want to add them to the list becaue I didn't know that you had them.

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
Also add stock TT fuel pump to #3.

·
Hunter...
957 Posts
I am just checking on this...My bro has a 98 SOHC 3000gt and wants to do an engine swap...He could just get this and take his engine out and get some turbos/injectors/ intercooler, and be set?

does it mount the the stock 98 SOHC trans? would he have to get a new tranny also?

Thanks a lot

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your brother got option 3 with the ECU and wiring harness he could just do an engine swap. Drew said it will come with stock fuel injectors, fuel pump, and intercooler piping as well.

I am not sure about the transmission. I am pretty sure it will bolt up but I'm not positive.

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
I think as long as the 98 SOHC trans is 5-speed (which I'm sure it is), the motor will work. I think all 2nd-gen non-turbos had either 5-speed or automatic. If you need the stock intercooler piping, I can throw that in there also, but I think it blows and is the reason I have hard pipes. So for doing the engine swap, if you get this motor, just go have it checked out by a machine shop before you put it in to make sure it is in good order, then decided on what turbos you'll use (small size on stock injectors).

·
VA Turbo
1,264 Posts
Nice avatar Jon, how long did it take you to talk Tracy into that one? :cool:

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
About 3 months...... I've had that pic for quite a while but never used it as an avatar. I've got some really good ones at home.

·
Treblick's Nightmare
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bump.... If someone would buy this motor I'd stop bumping the thread:D ;) :cool: :p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts