Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, so my 92 has a misfire at lower rpms. When I get on the gas it either runs smooth or struggles(misfires) then comes out running smoothish. I dont have any know vacuum leaks, I just deleted my egr, and rebuilt the TB. I have new plugs, wires, and a coil pack. My question is, could it be the PTU(Power Transistor Unit)? Thats the only thing along the ignition I havent replaced. Fuel is also good, before I changed plugs it was running super rich, like spittin soot out on the ground rich haha. Any tips or advice would be extremely appreciated.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Vacuum test when engine warm and cold.

Egr delete, if you don't put gasket maker on it, they will leak. Ask me how I know; had to do it 3 times.
Throttle body, same thing, double check the fiav plate. That's where I had issues before after rebuilding it.

Seeing it's a 92. The ecu can be a culprit and so can the ptu. The ptu is easy enough to test; the ecu not so much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man this car is so picky haha, thank you for the advice! I leaned towards the ptu cause when I chanhed the plugs the misfire got a lot better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts