Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first project car being a 95' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4. I know rebuilding the engine will not be an easy task and I did some reading and saw that there is a service manual that helps walk through some of the essential steps to rebuild/repair the 6G72. However, the person I bought this car from said that the previous owner put a 1992 engine inside of the 1995 body. My question would now be, should I purchase the service manual for either a 1992 or a 1995. The main thing that needs rebuilt is the engine so i would assume getting a 1992 service manual would make the most sense. Please someone give me some knowledge, anything is appreciated!

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,342 Posts

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
4,299 Posts
You can download service manuals if pdf format from below link for free. You can notice the ‘92-‘96 is the same manual, the mechanical service manual is one labeled “Vol. 1” and the electrical is volume 2. Also further down under heading “ENGINE SERVICE”, the first engine service manual for the “6G72 Specific” I find more helpful in many cases with engine work than the general service manual. But be careful using the engine manual as it covers both SOHC and DOHC engines, so you need to make sure your on right page when using it.

Edit: Damn I need to type faster, I see my buddy Bob OhioSpyderman beat me to the punch. Good going Bob (y)

·
Registered
91 Varrrr 4 Matey!
69 Posts
Welcome! Here you will find a collective of knowledge from the technical standpoint as well as the tried and true practical experience! I too am just starting my journey and these fine folks have been amazing at answering questions so well I didn't even have to ask! The search button is your friend there!

I wish you all the best in your build!

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
18,342 Posts
Gotcha!

Bob. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don't have to purchase anything.
You can access and download all the manuals here...

Welcome and don't hesitate to keep asking questions...

Bob.
Thank you all that commented telling me not to purchase any manual. I have downloaded the PDF for both volumes and i am sure this will be enough to help me throughout my rebuild. Thank you all!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! Here you will find a collective of knowledge from the technical standpoint as well as the tried and true practical experience! I too am just starting my journey and these fine folks have been amazing at answering questions so well I didn't even have to ask! The search button is your friend there!

I wish you all the best in your build!
Thank you so much for your comment, I have found this forum to already be very helpful

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can download service manuals if pdf format from below link for free. You can notice the ‘92-‘96 is the same manual, the mechanical service manual is one labeled “Vol. 1” and the electrical is volume 2. Also further down under heading “ENGINE SERVICE”, the first engine service manual for the “6G72 Specific” I find more helpful in many cases with engine work than the general service manual. But be careful using the engine manual as it covers both SOHC and DOHC engines, so you need to make sure your on right page when using it.

Edit: Damn I need to type faster, I see my buddy Bob OhioSpyderman beat me to the punch. Good going Bob (y)
Thank you for the comment I appreciate it very much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.