Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any interest in a 1992 VR4 with 138k miles.

Previous owner had it for about 18 years and garage kept. I have a small stack of receipts and work done to it prior to me. I bought it this last July, 2020.

Driver seat side bolster is torn/worn. Rest of interior is in very good condition.

Minor ding’s and scratch’s here and there. Paint in pretty good condition. Clear coat is intact and has zero fading.

Steering wheel shows wear from hands.

Radio works but some dials and buttons have stopped working on it and on steering wheel.

Active Aero works once and throws a light, front aero dam needs lube and adjustment.

All Wheel Steering is intact and works.

Electronic Suspension is all new and works %100.

Auto climate control system works and A/C blows ice cold.

Runs and drives great for its age.

No puddles or drips. Transmission shifts very well no grinds, chirps or squeaks. Clutch grabs and goes.

Here’s a list of some stuff that’s been done to it and stuff I have that “could” go with it.

Done by previous owner:

-120k service (oil/water pump, timing belt/tensioner)
-Rebuilt ECU
-Rebuilt Turbos
-Dealer upgraded 25 Spline Transmission and transfer case
-Newer Tires

Installed on the car since I’ve owned it and asking $11k for it all.

-New ECS Struts
-New OE Trailing arm bushings
-New Poly Suspension Bushings
-Fuel Pump Hotwire
-EGR Blockoff
-Renegade Techworks ECS Controller
-AEM FPR with gauge
-255 Walbro
-New rear Ball joints
-Upgraded Fuel Rail Loop
-New Front Strut Mounts
-Replaced the Climate Control Screen
-New front ball joints
-Had the A/C tested and serviced
-SS Downpipe
-OEM Mitsubishi Evo X BOV
-NGK Copper Spark Plugs
-Fuel Filter

Extra parts that’ll come with car at $13k:

-3sx ECU wire harness extension
-3Sx solid shifter linkage bushings
-SS brake lines
-SS clutch line
-Poly engine mounts
-3rd gen revised lifters
-pre-turbo custom pipes (Micheal Burnheart) with new silicone couplers/T-bolt clamps and new AEM air filters
-AEM in line wide band with sensor
-3D printed custom center dash gauge bezels
-extra set of rear ball joints (ordered on accident)
-New OEM lower control arm big round bushings (3SX poly kit replaces these)
-New MAF translator (most up to date version)
-New 3” GM MAF
-New Bosch O2 sensors
-Extra fuel rail adapter
-MAC electronic boost controller
-550 RC injectors
-OLEDBC (best to Google this for better description in the 3si dot org forums)

For everything out the garage door I’d like $13k.

I’ll attach the CL ad and the description here with some pictures.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depending on how clean of a corvette that you are looking for, that price range can get a decent c6. 08+ gets tr6060 and ls3. Z51 package really makes a worthwhile difference in drive feel if keeping stock

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yep, Z06 C5 is easily in that bracket give or take a grand or two. With similar miles on it to this too.

C6 base is also in that range too.

When I bought this I was looking at the Vettes at same time. This one was just to good to pass up. It’s been sitting around now since I got it and don’t have the time to get it to where I want to.

Figure the Vette is out of the box ready to enjoy.

Gonna be slowly putting this together though and could decide to keep it once I get enough of the stuff installed.

Depending on how clean of a corvette that you are looking for, that price range can get a decent c6. 08+ gets tr6060 and ls3. Z51 package really makes a worthwhile difference in drive feel if keeping stock

·
Registered
140 Posts
Solstice gxp worth checking as well. For me c6 seats and driving position was well sorted. Way better than a stealth has to offer.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve been loving those for years.

I need something I can throw a suit case in though. Can barely fit a duffel bag in the trunk and cannot justify spending $20-40k on the Coupe.

Solstice gxp worth checking as well. For me c6 seats and driving position was well sorted. Way better than a stealth has to offer.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
You willing to sell any of the parts that are not yet installed separate from the sale of the car? If so, I might looking for 550cc injectors, I and potentially a backup GM MAF and curious about the harness that you mentioned. I will follow this post drop me a PM let me know what you might be able to do and maybe added details if you're willing to sell them apart. I can drop you a line if you're interested and you can text me after that let me know either way no problem. Nice car by the way mine's a 92 as well. Fewer miles but I'm chasing a power steering or transmission fluid leak which really really sucks! Lol! And yes you're headed the direction I plan on heading next after I get my VR4 to where I want it to be I'm wanting to get to that platform right about that price point that you're shopping around for same models options etc period out of the box no kidding compared to what we've got lol! Peace

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I had a C5 and a 99 VR4 at one point. came time to buy a house so one had to go and I had a hard time deciding which. Ended up selling the C5 just because the 99(and VR4s in general) were so much more rare compared to the C5. I do regret my decision. Loved the C5

·
Registered
1994 3000GT VR4 - 1999 Lexus SC400
769 Posts
Nice looking 92 VR4 it looks like it was maintained nicely.

Sorry I am not able to buy your car, and apologize for asking an off topic question but I have to ask where were you able to find New Front ECS Struts?

Good luck with the sale. Maybe you'll be back!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you 😊

I found the front struts from a local fellow who was selling his Dodge Stealth this last September He bought them from a Dodge dealership out of California with the intent of installing them. Instead he installed Coilovers and they sat around.

When he went to sell his Stealth he listed them as included with the car and didn’t think of selling them separate until I asked him.

Currently I have all 4 struts and a Renegade TechWorks controller up for sale. Only because people kept asking only for them. They wanted me to name a price so I did. Not expecting them to sell and will be completing the suspension in the next week or so. Fully installing all the struts and bushings. I’d sell all 4 struts and the controller for $2,500.

Nice looking 92 VR4 it looks like it was maintained nicely.

Sorry I am not able to buy your car, and apologize for asking an off topic question but I have to ask where were you able to find New Front ECS Struts?

Good luck with the sale. Maybe you'll be back!

·
Registered
1994 3000GT VR4 - 1999 Lexus SC400
769 Posts
Thanks for reply. Will send a PM about the struts. Good luck, your car reminds me of my first car but yours is much cleaner

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Struts no longer for sale. They will be on car and sold with car. All suspension bushings are getting installed now along with SS downpipe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts