Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1992 3000GT VR4 that I can't continue with. I purchased this car - terribly overpriced from Ebay thinking it was a cosmetic fixer/upper. The seller "little_tucker09" took no responsibility for the misleading auction nor did Ebay =P. I was so wrong and paid $5K + $750 shipping for it dreaming it was the car I've wanted since college. The amount of work I need to do isn't permitted by my HOA and I can't see renting space somewhere to work on it. It's got just over 165K miles on it. It needs at least a clutch and some electrical work but probably much more. In anticipation of the purchase I bought a new stereo head unit (kenwood ddx795), new pioneer speakers, new floor mats, new spark plugs and a new K&N air filter. Because of known problems with this model I also purchased a new timing chain set for it. The car started when they delivered it from the hauler but a year later it doesn't start. It has a clean title from the original owner as I've never titled it in Florida yet.

I really just want to get this out of my sight and I'd be happy getting $2000 for it with all of the extras I've listed. Enclosed find the bill of lading information and the picture from the Ebay auction.

Contact me via PM/email if you want to see it in person.

Link to the pickup pictures from the shipper.

Peace out,
Jeffrey

Attachments

·
Doc
1,493 Posts
Too bad you're in florida - if you were anywhere in the midwest I'd come pick this up.

Excellent price point.
Good luck with your sale,

BSN, RN, EMT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dropping my want to 1500 as my other car needs a 2k brake distribution unit and the bills keep coming in from the hospital. Please reply if you are interested.

·
3SNY - HondaTurtleFTW
4,781 Posts
I'm gonna ask my wife if she'll let me have another project, but I doubt it. Plus, it's on the dead opposite side of the state from me. What made you come to the conclusion it needs a clutch? Just curious. Awesome price, but I don't have a way to tow it cross state. Either way, if I get approval from the wife I'll be in touch...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
text me at 313-378-0034

Thanks,
Patrick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna ask my wife if she'll let me have another project, but I doubt it. Plus, it's on the dead opposite side of the state from me. What made you come to the conclusion it needs a clutch? Just curious. Awesome price, but I don't have a way to tow it cross state. Either way, if I get approval from the wife I'll be in touch...

Dealing with a lot but decided to use FB marketplace to sell it:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Using FB to sell it locally:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well the fact that even with the clutch pedal all the way down it was all but impossible to change gears smoothly or accellerate from a stop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok just an update. I wound up selling her on FB. I'm out 4500 US because I was too stupid and bid too high but it's ok. The buyer really wants the car for his GF and I have medical bills to pay. So for the immediate future I'm out of the 3SI world. Take care all and have a happy new year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts