Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 with the restricter removed and running 14 PSI...how much HP? It also has a test pipe.

Thanks guys!

Alex

·
Registered
764 Posts
I would guess around 328HP...removign the restrictor would put it up to 11psi (gaining 18HP) and the test pipe (if you gutted the pre cats and got an intake) would be good for maybe 10HP. Just an approximation.

If you are running 14psi (which would mean some sort of boost controller/bleeder not a removed restrictor) you could add another 27HP to that figure.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I assume he is refering to the plastic ball located in the waste gate-actuator line whihc limits the boost on 1st Gen car to 9psi raher than the 11psi of 2nd Gen cars.

It is the easiest upgrade to do...replace the boost line with the restrictor ball in it.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Can't tell b/c the pics won't load...

·
Registered
764 Posts
That is somehting different....is it from a 2nd Gen? The piece in my boost line looked like a plastic ball. But the pic seems to show the thing in the right location so I don't know.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Alan

I will try to take one if I still have the piece.

Dravis

Sorry we got so off-topic here!

·
Banned
10,940 Posts
dravis said:
1991 with the restricter removed and running 14 PSI...how much HP? It also has a test pipe.
TO get back on topic a bit.

How do you know its 14psi? The stock guage? Or an after market one?

Does it have an open element air filter ot the stock one?

if its a reading from an aftermarket guage. I'd guess 330-350hp. We'll need more details to be sure.

brainfood, I should not say no effect. I saw no increase in boost. But, the car did seem differnet. A change in spool up maybe ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts