Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking through autotrader today and came across a 1991 VR-4 with Red Leather. I called the guy up and questioned him about it and he said the leather is stock. I was trying to find that thread a while ago about production numbers and whatnot, but couldnt' find the numbers for 1991 VR-4s with red leather in there, can anyone shed some light on this one for me please?

About the car:

120,000 miles, engine rebuilt at 90,000 at Mitsu dealership, one turbo was also replaced. He didn't mention the tranny. He bought it from his brother 3 years ago right after the engine was rebuilt and is selling it 'cause he's getting older and is tired of having to get in and out of it. White with red leather, stock everything. There are a few dings here and there and never been in an accident. New tires.

I haven't seen the car yet but will probably go take a look as soon as I can.

The questions:

1. How many 91 VR-4s had red leather stock?
2. How much can I get a warranty on a 91 VR-4 for, or where from and I'll ask about prices myself.
3. Any comments?

-KingNothing

·
Registered
237 Posts
I cant help on the leather but you wont be able to get a warranty on the car. Too many miles and too old. Most aftermarket warranty companies wont warrant cars with over 80k miles or 6+ years old. Get a factory service manual and fix it yourself or get one with less miles and a newer.
Good luck,
Aaron

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well all I'd really want a warranty for is the tranny... With 120,000 miles on a tranny it's about time for it to go unless he had it replaced.

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt please.

·
No surrender!
2,270 Posts
I know some Stealths had cherry wine red leather int.
Don't know about 3k GT.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
My 91 has the red leather... I havent seen or heard of very many with the red leather interior.. it'd be interesting to see how many others there are.

Good luck in your decision on the car!

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does that have red carpet as well?

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Yea.. mine has the re carpet also.. the door panel pieces that are carpet are grey though... I wanted to change it out but its grown on me now :)

·
It's like that
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big - is your car pearl white? From what I've found by doing a bit of searching around, I can't find a 3000GT with a red interior that isn't white.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
yea.. mine is the pearl white.. although of all the other pearl white cars that I have seen only 1 or 2 have the red interior.. I think the red was only availble in the pearl white car.. but I might be wrong

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Red leather was available on 1991 cars (and maybe a few 1992's).

It came on Pearl White and Black cars, both 3000GT's and Stealths.

Cloth seats were also available on Twin Turbo models in 1991 (both red cloth and gray cloth).

- Brad
92 Pearl White R/T

·
You break em, we fix em
1,266 Posts
I had a pearl white 91 VR4 with the red leather interior. Not sure on numbers but I always heard they were relatively rare and 1991 only.

·
More Than Meets the Eye
4,632 Posts
My 92 Stealth had the red interior. It was in bad shape and has been replaced with black leather and gray carpet.

I still have a decent passenger seat and nice back seat. Anybody interested? :)

·
VR4 Member
1,877 Posts
I guess I have you all beat... I have red and black leather stock! its a pearl white vr4. I saw one other on ebay, also pearl white.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts