Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T N/A
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a new head unit in my 1991 Stealth R/T (non-turbo) and wired up everything up per all the wiring diagrams I could find but I'm not getting sound to the speakers. Just wondering if anyone can supply me a wiring diagram that worked for you. (This does not have the infinity system)

Also, does the non-turbo models have a factory amp in the vehicle or is it built in to the stereo?

Thanks!

· Registered
1992 3000GT VR4
2,085 Posts
I would check your rear speakers and door speakers.... I looked at mine while doing other things in car and my speakers were beyond dry rot.... unless you have already replaced them.... with this being said you dont have to cut wire harness in order to wire up new deck just need the pig tail to plug and play to your factory stereo harness and wire in deck

· Registered
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T N/A
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I already cut the wire harness unfortunately so now I just gotta match all the wires up to the new head unit. I got the head unit to start up (before seeing this diagram) so I’ll double Check everything with this diagram. It could definitely be the speakers because the previous owner has some pretty bad aftermarket ones in that are falling apart. What kind of speakers did you switch to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.