Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1991 stealth base
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there I've got a 91 Dodge Stealth that has an emblem that says Limited Edition. All I can tell that is different about it is the rear spoiler is on the rear or the hatch instead of near the Rear window, and it has leather interior. Do you Know anything about this particular car?

Attachments

· Administrator
35,006 Posts
Looks like someone slapped a sticker on it at some point, perhaps along with those fender flares. Unfortunately there was no "Limited Edition" factory option. Could have been done at the dealer?

The leather interior is interesting though - can you snap a pic of it?

· Registered
1994 Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR
300 Posts

Local auto store / Amazon special.. $6.99!

· Registered
1991 stealth base
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like someone slapped a sticker on it at some point, perhaps along with those fender flares. Unfortunately there was no "Limited Edition" factory option. Could have been done at the dealer?

The leather interior is interesting though - can you snap a pic of it?
Ok The interior is`nt in good shape but I'll send it.. I`d sell it very cheap, due to sone engine issues.. Have you ever seen one with the rear spoiler on the back of the trunk like a 3000 ?

Attachments

· 3S addict since '95
1,884 Posts
Reminds me of this Supercharged R/T. The proud owner (pictured), passed away a few years ago. He and his brother, a friend of mine, both swore this car is some ultra-rare factory specimen. I respectfully disagree...

· 3S addict since '95
1,884 Posts
I get it. But the opinions you're seeing here are based on fact. It's very well documented the models and option packages that were available. Your car is definable "put together" by somebody. Maybe a dealer, maybe a previous owner. But it didn't roll off the Mitsubishi production line that way. It's a base SOHC car that has side skirts added, as well as chrome fender trim and an aftermarket 3000GT-style wing plus the stick-on emblems. Base Stealths didn't come standard with a wing, so that would explain a lack of screw holes in the usual banana spoiler location. I'm guessing it has a 3rd brake light in the back window?

· 3S addict since '95
1,884 Posts
This was the first Stealth I ever owned. It could also be a bit of a head-scratcher to some. It's a Base with a dealer-installed aftermarket banana wing and aftermarket R/T-style side skirts. They painted the black bumper stripes body-color to tie it in. If you look closely at the wing, it's different than OEM... no center leg and no integrated brake light. Factory brake light is in the rear window. There was a local dealer that prepped and sold dozens of these this way. I believe they were adding about $2000 to the price.

This is it now. And no, I'm not the one who let it get to this sad condition....

· CAD/DAO/CNC
2,793 Posts
nissanzack you learn me something today i was thinking every stealth came factory with a banana wing. Im 100% agree with you is a put together car by some one .

Mrbilly here is a pic of what the car look out of factory

· 3S addict since '95
1,884 Posts
nissanzack you learn me something today i was thinking every stealth came factory with a banana wing. Im 100% agree with you is a put together car by some one .
Yep! Those no-hole deck lids are uber-rare! But they do exist. Possibly only '91 model year, not sure. They came with the same glass-mounted 3rd brake light as a '99 VR-4.

· Registered
1991 stealth base
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Mrbilly here is a pic of what the car look out of factory

View attachment 308918
Cool. Never seen another one with no wing, or like a 3000 style like mine.

Attachments

· Registered
1991 stealth base
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get it. But the opinions you're seeing here are based on fact. It's very well documented the models and option packages that were available. Your car is definable "put together" by somebody. Maybe a dealer, maybe a previous owner. But it didn't roll off the Mitsubishi production line that way. It's a base SOHC car that has side skirts added, as well as chrome fender trim and an aftermarket 3000GT-style wing plus the stick-on emblems. Base Stealths didn't come standard with a wing, so that would explain a lack of screw holes in the usual banana spoiler location. I'm guessing it has a 3rd brake light in the back window?
Ok. Thanks for taking time to educate me on a car I`ve had 22 years. I`m not even sure this is the VIN that goes with it. When I bought it, it had a different number on the title.....Have a good day.

Attachments

· CAD/DAO/CNC
2,793 Posts
This one is for a stealth but withouy a real carfax is hard to tell if is the right one lol

Back in the days some member run free carfax here but can t remeber who ...

· Registered
1991 stealth base
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts