Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling a Beautiful 1991 Pearl White VR4. It has 95,000 miles on it. It is fully loaded, with red/charcoal interior.
The active exhaust, active aero, active suspension work flawless. The paint is perfect and looks very sharp.
The tires have about 80% tread life left on them.
Car runs great and looks even better.
I live in Madison, IN. Madison is located between louisville, KY and Cincinatti, OH.
My home phone is 812-273-3429.
I am asking 9,500. Or best offer.

I hate to let this car go, but school is more important.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that this car has already had it's 100,000 mile tune-up.
Complete with timing belt, new pumps/pulleys. Very nice car, but it must go soon.
I would like to sell it to somebody on 3si, so i know it will go to a good home.

Attachments

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
good luck selling your car.. man.. if you could hang on to it for another month or so we should get together and race :p

you know where seymour is?? jackson county.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i know where seymour is. I have family there and i go there often. I wont be racing my car since i am selling it, but i have a buddy who has a totally built WRX. I know it has full greddy evo exhaust, up/down pipes, intercooler sprayer, Boost Controler at 17psi, i think mostly viscnew..?? i dont know if i spelled that correctly.. It is Stage 1.5, with JIC 800lb coilover shocks, and R Compount tires riding on 18" RAYS wheels. I think it is getting around 350hp to the wheels. It spins through 1st and into 2nd, with all-wheel drive. We are always looking for some imports to hang out with.

If you know of anybody who would be interested in my car, please give them my number.
I will be on christmas break in a week. Give me your number if you wanna set something up. I know the WRX is ready for some killin.
Good talking to you.

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
lol.. i dont get my car till jan. and i would get killed by that wrx but i am up for anything.. just to see how i hold up. but my mom is a bitch and im not allowed to leave seymour (yes im 17).. but.. if your goin to be around after christmas hang out here for awhile maybe we could hook up and do some good wrx vs. vr4..

once again.. not expecting to win.. just wanna see how bad i get beat :p but yeah.. i might know someone that would buy your car.. ill talk to him tommorrow.

edit: and btw.. who is your family? i prolly know them? might wanna give last names.. around here it is matt's ryan's... well.. ya know.. all the same. But you come to seymour often? let me know next time your comin to my neck of the woods

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
and also my number is 812-523-6932... im at school from 8 a.m to about 3:15 pm. then on weekends i work from 5 till 11.. so really anytime after 3:15 on weekdayz give me a call..

btw.. my name is matt case that helps if someone else answers the phone..lol..

ring ring..

"hello?"
"umm.. yes is there someone from the 3si boards there?"

hehe:p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
17 and driving a VR4!!!!!!!!!!! not fair. When i was seventeen you could see me plowing through the corners in my 2.2 liter honda. Man i loved that car..... anyway.
If you arent getting your car until january, why dont you buy mine.
And the WRX is real fast, it puts vr4's to shame from 0-100. But then the tall gearing of a vr4 comes into play, i swear the vr4 could go over 170mph..
Before he got the greddy evo exhaust we put a Camaro SS with cams and exhaust to rest!! .Although i think the SS was coming on hard as hell. We were at like 100mph and the SS was sucking so much air it sounded like a SuperCharger... But hey the 1/4 was over. And if anybody wants to race on the twisties, bring it on!!
In SCCA the WRX is beating everybody, including Miata's and ZO6 vettes.
But yeah i will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to travel up to seymour. If we come up, it is your responsibility to get some improts/domestics together for a fun night.

You are seventeen... My family actually lives in Brownstown. MY grandfathers name is Harold Kuehn. I have a cousing that is 18. Her name is Amanda Blandford. Her little sister is Amy Blandford. They play basketball and stuff.

Keep me posted about your friend who might be interested.

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
well.. im buyin mine off of a family friend in crothersville and he gave me a good deal on it. i need ~500 little more to get my car.. as it is now it needs plug wires (mash it it misses, so until i get those on there it would be pretty usless to race) btw... who the hell in seymour has a car worthy?? lol.. my friend's dad drives a 2000 viper and a 67 vette, and a 40's something ford. but when i get those wires u guys intrested in comin up and helping me put them on? if you are familiar with the motor.. but yeah.. i havnt ate lunch for like 3 months saving up for the car.. i hvnt spent a penny.. (cept 15 i ngas eery 3 weeks) FOR MY (91 SHIT-10!) but i have a friend in a little honduh crx that would race for the hell of it to. also have a friend with a newer firebird.. only like 200 horses. hmm... thats all i can think off.. SUPOSVILY (sp???) there is a doctor in town... never heard of him or anything... that drives a nsx, gtr, and a diablo.. ive never seen ANYTHING close to these but hey.. guess it possible. but if you made me a better deal than what i am gettin mine for than i would buy yours :p i cant go for running wise... i have to go for money wise.. i will get what i can afford.. your car is perfect and i couldnt afford a perfect car..

(not to get off topic but here is what im gettin)

91 vr-4
154,xxx miles (NEW motor/turbo's at 79,xxx with paper work)
need 2nd and 3rd syncro's (have to double clutch but will have to rebuild whole tranny obviously)
small tear on drivers seat.
missing rear cargo cover
small clear coat seperated from paint spot on hood
active aero doesnt work but we think something is just jamming the front up.
power antanne sometimes does not go down for a couple of seconds

thats it...

has alpine stereo and K&N filter..

$5,000

but yours is a very good deal for the shape its in..

dont know if you tried to call me tonight or not.. dont have caller id or a answering machin on this phone.. but they made me work over till 8:30 today.

p.s- let me state again.. im not expecting to win.. lol.. i dont want your friend thinkin that i think my vr4 can kill everything i just wanna see how close i can keep up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bring on the Viper.... I know he has already smoked an Acura NSX.... but a viper would definately give him a good run. I have another friend who has a mid 70' 240Z, with a 280Z Turbo engine swap.
It has T3 Hybrid Turbo and stand alone ECU fuel delivery, running 16 psi... I know it was getting around 240 rwhp at 9psi, but we havent got it on a dyno since we remapped his fuel controller and put all new wireing. I think it could run with a viper. If you could get that viper to come for some fun, that would be awesome.

I have never gotten to ride in a viper. Once i tried to keep up with one in my honda...haha

Back to this car you are buying...... 5000... buck eh...
I dont know about that car. Have you done research on the vr4??? At around 130,000 they tend to take a crap. Tranny goes by by, engine goes byby..
I know a new tranny will run you 3000 if you put it in yourself. I think you should go ahead and fork out the money and get a nice VR4 right off the bat.
If you need help putting the wires on im sure we could help you out.. I would almost say i would help you rebuild the tranny, but i dont have the time to do it right now. I have replaced output shaft and TC before, it isnt that bad of a job once you get everything off of the car.
Havent car to work on is good to learn, but the VR4 is a hard car to learn on. Lots of elctronics and heavy.
If you want a learner car.... Go with Porsch944 Turbo. You could snatch one of those for around 5000-6000. Almost as fast as vr4, but a shadetree mechanics dream.

Did you know that in 1991, when my vr4 was made, it rivaled the Ferarri. The only competition it had was the exotics..Vettes were slow compared to the 3kgt. Also when road and track tested it, the VR4 set the record on the slalom.

Did you ever talk to your friend who might be interested in this car??? Anything you could that could help me sell this car would be great.
I hate to let it go, so the faster it sells, the less pain i must endure.
Peace out

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
nah havnt seen him today.. but my motor and turbo's and EVERYTHING was replaced at 79,000 miles.. so that is what? 75,000 on the motor.. but i know alot about these cars.. reading and researching and what not.. you would be suprised :p .. and i can do basic engine work.. tear down a motor.. measure everything.. put new rings on.. put back together.. i can do that.. i just dont wanna try something.. i wanna see it done first that way i know it is right. but it is my friend's dad and i dont think he would be to fond of racing :( we could drive out and see it though :p

so far i have got a RX7 (only if he is done with it.. turbo) hmm.. my friend in the crx will just drive around with us.. hmm.. jeff (Darktrail on the board) im goin to talk to. there is another friend off the board.. he drives a stealth.. he is up for it... hmm.. got that many in about 5 min. i will keep ya posted on your car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How old is this guy who owns the viper???? Becuase my buddy who owns the WRX is 37!! but loves to race.
My buddy who owns the Z is 23 i think.

And RX7 turbo??? What year. That would be a good run for your VR4. I love rotary engines.
I havent replaced the wiring on a vr4 yet... I have worked on ECU capacitors and stuff like that. I have repaired active aero wings before.
I am sure the wiring wont be to hard to fix. Are you sure the stuttering your car has is becuase of bad wiring?? IT could be ECU related or fuel delivery related.

:mitsu:

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
yeah.. i am 98% sure it is the spark plug wires... if it isnt that than it is plugs... but it is DEFANITLY one of those.. they guy that owns the viper is im guessing...~43 or so.. but he isnt into that... :(

edit: and the rx7 is like an 88 or something.. the kid is workin on it.. not exactly sure what he is doin but for christmas he is gettin everything he needs to convert it to a turbo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A Turbo conversion.. sweet. Do you know what kind of turbo he is getting for it?? Is he trying to set it up for Drag racing or SCCA or street??

I dont know how people use bolt on turbos... I would think you would need to change the compression ratio in the engine with all new pistons/rings and block...
But who knows.. i havent ever done it before.

Keep me posted on your friend who might want to buy the Twin Turbo Monster.

·
Un-Stocked
776 Posts
nah i dont know what he is doin.. all i know is he is doin a turbo conversion.. never really talked to him about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont think i can go to 7500.
For a good 91 vr4 you are looking to spend around 9000. I have seen them for 7500-8000 but they are high miles and not in great shape.

This car is in fabulous condition. Thursday i will post some more pictures of it, so you can get a better idea of what shape it is in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.