Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1991 VR4, 10:1 compression, mildly ported heads, stock turbos, 3" downpipe, 98 SL flashable ECU
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would try listing this here for those familiar with these cars before posting to the crazy world of Facebook marketplace.

1991 3000GT VR4, approximately 184,000 miles, rebuilt title. Located in southern Indiana near Jasper.

I purchased this car back in 2014 in pretty rough shape and have turned it into a very nice reliable driver over the years. I have around $10,000 in receipts for the parts alone – way too much to list in this add. New base/clear paint job in 2017 still looks great with only a few minor chips and flaws. Interior is about the nicest you will find in one of these 30 year old cars. Front seats have been reupholstered with fresh leather with red stitching and are about the most comfortable I have ever sat in. The tops of the interior door panels are starting to show their age with some small cracks. The dash defrost vents are cracked (aren’t they all?). Tires are like new with only a few thousand miles on them. The engine, which had previously been rebuilt to 0.5mm overbore with 10:1 compression pistons, was refreshed in late 2019 with new rings, bearings, forged crankshaft, rebuilt mildly ported heads, new oil pump, water pump, timing belt, oem tensioner, gaskets, etc. Transmission has been refreshed with new 3rd and 4th gear syncros, upgraded 300m steel output shaft, new seals, and ACT high performance clutch. Other upgrades include rebuilt 9B turbos with ported exhaust housings, 3 inch stainless down pipe, new FIC 1000cc injectors, AEM UEGO wideband, Hallman Pro boost controller, and flashable ECU with Tactrix flash programmer. Car is currently tuned for 93 octane pump gas at about 10psi of boost and is considerably more responsive and powerful than stock – very fun to drive. Has about 5,000 miles since engine/transmission refresh.

Has had new wheel bearings on all 4 corners. Power stop Z23 pads and rebuilt calipers on all 4 corners along with slotted rotors on the front. Steering rack rebuilt along with new tie rod ends, ball joints, stabilizer bushings and links. New driveshaft support bearing and lobro boot. New starter, idler pulleys, and belts.

The vehicle history report from when I got the car shows 3 accidents, one in 1991, one in 2003, and one in 2004. Title has a rebuilt vehicle brand that appears to have been added in 2002 and does not seem to coincide with any of the accidents. The person I got the car from did not know the history, so the reason is a mystery. The car drives straight, smooth, and quiet and aligns properly (most recent 4 wheel alignment in mid-2020). There is a small crack in the lower passenger side of the windshield and the front active aero pan is long gone. The body is pretty much rust free other than some minor surface rust on the underside. The rear steering lines are rusty though, I treated them with rust converter paint as good as I could without dropping the rear subframe to attempt to preserve them as long as possible.

I know the branded title hurts the resale value on this car, so my non-negotiable asking price takes that into account – I would be asking much more if not for that one issue. However, this gets you into a very hot collectable car that would cost much more otherwise and you don’t have to worry about driving and enjoying it hurting the value as much. I’m a project car addict and have some other projects that I would like to fund with the sale of this car, otherwise I would not even consider selling. I need $12,000 FIRM for this car, otherwise I will continue to drive and enjoy it. Serious buyers only, no joy rides!

Possible trades for the following: Dodge 12 valve Cummins 4x4 extended cab drivetrain donor (body condition does not matter) plus cash, or 1948 to 1954 Chevy trucks or parts plus cash. Willing to entertain full cash offers as well.

·
Registered
1991 VR4, 10:1 compression, mildly ported heads, stock turbos, 3" downpipe, 98 SL flashable ECU
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just for the heck of it, I took it to the largest local auto dealer (small town) to see if they were interested or would sell on consignment. They acted very interested, made some calls, ran vin for history check, then offered me $750! Said there was just no market or interest in 3000GT's. I politely disagreed with him, but he said he's been in to cars his entire life and had never seen or heard of them. I was hoping to at least make some connections or get some leads out of the effort, but got nothing. I thought all of the younger guys grew up knowing about these cars from video games?

Anyway, thought I'd bump my add. The purchaser of this car will get a USB flash drive of all the restoration pictures along with digital copies of all the receipts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts