Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Q-Bert
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Originally posted by Dallas3000GT
Wow looks beautiful great job by IPS and all involved....will you be able to get anything close to 400awhp on that set up??
It is hard to say what the wheel HP will be. I was told they built an Eclipse with the RIPP SDS and it did 450 HP at the wheels. I would be more than happy with 300 HP at the wheels. It should be more than that, but I like to keep my expectations low so if they are exceeded I am pleasantly surprised. :)

Originally posted by UnaturallyAspirated
So I came into this thread expecting another hacked together Supercharged 3S...

I was VERY wrong. That thing is beautifully done! Thats a car to be proud of!
Thank you! That is perhaps the best comment I have heard in a long time. I would feel the same way as you approaching a thread like this. I really am trying to do this car right. Sure it is an auto SL and yes it won't be the absolute best 3000GT compared to others, but I am going to do things right as best I can and not cut corners. If it takes a long time, that is fine. I've already invested more years and money than I should have :)

·
Q-Bert
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
And a few more finished pictures:

Attachments

·
Q-Bert
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
One more picture. Thanks guys for showing this off at your open house!

Attachments

·
I <3 my 3000gt
451 Posts
Very clean, beautiful 3s. Bump! I need some help for my build. I have a 92 SL and I want to supercharge it. Any information?

·
Q-Bert
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey guys,

Sorry I dont frequent the site as much as I used to. I guess quite some time has passed since Ive given any kind of update. I really need to either start a new thread or move this one elsewhere (however that is done). Ultimately The Performance Factory (part of 3SX) finished my car. It isnt 100% done, but the car does run and drive. It just needs to be tuned a bit more. It rips through fuel and is only pushing like 5 pounds of boost.

There is soooooo much I could get into with this car in regards to shops, but honestly it isnt worth it. I have the car back, I am hoping to have it tuned a bit more in a few months and I am hoping to have more pictures up.

Everyone always wants the numbers, so as it stands today, the car dynoed 288 FWHP (which is roughly 350HP at the crank, dang auto trans!). Besides the fact I still need to tune it more, the AEM is not liking the auto trans computer. The car likes to get stuck in 3rd gear and/or just not start at all. Still working thru some issues. I realize 288 isnt all that much, but when you start crossing over 300 in a front wheel drive car, I am not sure how useful it is.

I will provide more details later and try to keep in touch a bit more often (especially since the car is finally back in my possession! :)).

-Matt

21 - 28 of 28 Posts