Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 4 wheels in good condition and an extra wheel that is slightly bent(but usable as a spare) I have 2 falken 245/45/17s with 90% tread, 2 falkens with 40%, and i michelin 245/45/17. i'll sell all 5 wheels and 5 tires for $700 plus shipping. the wheels are pictured below.

Attachments

·
Rice & Wings Yummy
1,250 Posts
I think, they will only fit on a VR4/TT with spacers. The bolt pattern is fine but the offset is probably not.

What is the wheel size? If it is less then 17" X 8.5", it will definetly need spacers.

Rgds
Moe

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the width on the wheels? ..and what shape are they in?Please hurry im looking to buy soon... I have a friend w/ similar wheels.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
konigs

the wheels are 8.5" wide. i just ordered some new 18"s that fit both the base and the turbos, so i am sure that any wheel (including mine) that fit one will fit the other. the wheel width has nothing to do with wether a wheel will need spacers, that is decided by the wheel's offset. they will fit on a base, sl, tt, or vr4! the wheels are in 95% condition with some minor scratches.

·
Registered
34 Posts
TT & Base are different

1/2 oz,
Sorry to tell you but the Base or FWD version and AWD version of our cars are different. The problem is not with the bolt pattern but with the brake calipers on the AWD are much wider than FWD.
AWD wheels will fit on a FWD car but FWD wheels will not fit on an AWD car. I had a 92 Stealth ES and bought brand spankin new chrome wheels for it, traded the car in on a TT VR4 and kept the wheels hoping they would work for an extra set but they won't fit unless I put spacers on them and I'm not about to do that.
Hopefully your wheels were designed to fit the AWD cars if so you've got a hell of a deal if not good luck.
Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that makes a lot more sense than the offset being wrong. ill call discount tire and find out if these will fit a turbo

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Re: konigs

1/2 oz said:
the wheels are 8.5" wide. i just ordered some new 18"s that fit both the base and the turbos, so i am sure that any wheel (including mine) that fit one will fit the other. the wheel width has nothing to do with wether a wheel will need spacers, that is decided by the wheel's offset. they will fit on a base, sl, tt, or vr4! the wheels are in 95% condition with some minor scratches.
there are no 8.5 Konig Caffeine..widest is 8 http://www.konigwheels.com/catalog_product_details.cfm?CategoryID=1&ss_id=12&ss_categoryName=Caffeine

and yes, double check...there is a possbility it might not fit vr4. alot of rims don't fit vr4 actually ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i just called discount tire. the caffeines WILL NOT clear the brakes on turbo models. the rims are 8" wide. very sorry about the misinformation.

·
Rice & Wings Yummy
1,250 Posts
1/2 oz, you need a find a guy in your area that has a first Gen VR4 and ask him/her to see if they will fit.

I think you will have a pissed off buyer if they are told that the rims will a VR4 and they won't.

Where are you located?

Rgds
Moe

·
Registered
34 Posts
1st Gen VR4

Hi guys,
I have a 91 VR4 1st Generation and the brake calipers are too big to clear FWD wheels I've tried it and have a new set of chrome wheels sitting in my basement that won't fit my car. Sorry to bear bad news but I figured I would try to help.
Dave

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive never heard of wheels being described as fwd wheels. the tubolares by oz fit on my fwd does that mean they wont fit on a turbo? no, cause they will. thanks for your help but its already been established that these wheels wont fit on a turbo model car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Snippy

The question was asked by moep if there was a possibility if these wheels would fit a first generation VR4. I am simply saving you all the hassle of checking it out because I've been there done that. If you don't appreciate somebody honestly trying to help you maybe you shouldn't post on this board.
Dave

1 - 20 of 21 Posts