Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with EPI. His prelim tests showed a 14.1% difference in flowrates!!! He said one injector flowed very rich and two were dangerously lean. Rest were so/so.
I recommend this service to anyone with a high or even semi-high milage car. total cost was right around $150. Hell, get it done with your 60K tuneup!

BTW, these were my stock 360cc's.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Do you have more info?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Danny Boy said:
I just got off the phone with EPI. His prelim tests showed a 14.1% difference in flowrates!!! He said one injector flowed very rich and two were dangerously lean. Rest were so/so.
I recommend this service to anyone with a high or even semi-high milage car. total cost was right around $150. Hell, get it done with your 60K tuneup!

BTW, these were my stock 360cc's.
who's epi? more info please :D

.jon

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, here's their website
http://www.fuelinjectors.com/

Read their site-it'll tell you everything you need to know.

14.1% difference means that the at least one injector was flowing 14.1% less fuel than the best injector. If all injectors do not flow the same a perfect air/fuel ratio cannot be had for all cylinders. some will run rich, some will run lean. So, if at least one injector was flowing 360cc, then at least one was only flowing 309.24cc! highly doubt that any of my injectors flowed a true 360cc to begin with, so I could have had a big problem with leaning out running a lot of boost.
I am by no means an expert on this, this is just what I have gathered from reading and talking to EPI. My interpretation may not be exactly how it works.
If anyone knows more about this, please enlighten us.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have you driven the car since you got them back? Do you have to send the injectors off somewhere? This would work on N/A's, also, right?

·
Large Member
6,164 Posts
RC Engineering does the same thing

·
Registered
486 Posts
How much does RC charge?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a little more involved than a bottle of injector cleaner.

This is a good thing for any Fuel injector, regardless of what its out of. Yes, you have to send them away.

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
How much does EPI charge for their service? RC Engineering charges $25/injector for cleaning and balancing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts